First Swallows of the Year.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
My wife and I took our sons and nephews for a walk along the River Derwent near Workington yesterday, and I saw our first swallows of the year. It was really good to see them back, and as an added bonus, I saw the first goldfinches using the feeders in my garden yesterrday too.

Cheers, Michael.

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
No pics I'm afraid, but I was surprised to see them too, especially that far north. I'm back down in my digs in Lincolnshire at the moment, and I didn't see any as I arrived here, but I'll be keeping my eyes open.

Cheers, Michael.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
I seem to recall hearing that swallows managed to stay through the winter in two places in winter 2009/10. Haven't heard about this winter. Given the weather, I'd doubt it.

Soundmixer

Forager
Mar 9, 2011
Angus, Scotland
Although only a fleeting glimpse, I'm pretty sure that I spotted our first house martin up here in Angus last night.
I would say that that was slightly early but the weather up here has been really nice of late so we could be in for a good summer.
Well that's that jinxed...

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
saw my first Swallows and House Martins yesterday while i was up the lakes - wonderful

_scorpio_

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 22, 2009
east sussex UK
saw something swallow shaped darting in and out of the usual local nesting place a few days ago, but didnt see any others flying about.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE