(First Post) - TAC Rucksack w. Maxpedition Sabercat Loadout

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

-Zen-

Jan 1, 2013
Glasgow
Hi,

I'm new to the forums, so I thought I would say hello by giving a rundown of my previous loadout from a two day wild camping trek to Loch Garbad on Arran.

Here's the complete bergen setup:

2011_09_02_13_23_54.jpg

- Bugout Gear S.O.C. TAC rucksack
- Maxpedition Sabercat Versipack (attached with 2x 5" Tac-ties)
- Multimat Superlite (strapped to both Sabercat and rucksack to keep everything tight)
- 2x 5.11 Tactical side pouches
- 2x Carry All small pouches (One on either side of the MOLLE waist strap on the bergen)
- Snugpak Response Pak (stored in bergen hood)

(All in black)

Including all equipment inside the loadout (tent, sleeping bag, 3l of water etc.) the entire setup was very bulky and weighed in at almost 20kg. Needless to say, the days my buddy and I chose to go on our adventure turned out to be the wettest weekend of the year and we ended up lost in a wood on South Arran and had to trek for ten hours through bogged-up ground, marsh and ultra-dense woodland just to find Loch Garbad. We couldn't get a fire started and ended up asleep in our tents by 7pm so we could get the first ferry back to the mainland...

Obviously the whole experience was a real learning curve, and my current bag loadout (The Sabercat fixed to a Condor H-Harness with some extra pouches - to be continued...) is looking half as heavy at the most and far more comfortable to haul around. I should have it all finished with a full comprehensive gear list and pics in a few weeks.

Anyway, thanks for reading. If anyone has any questions about the gear or any suggestions etc. they'd be much appreciated.

-Zen-

Last edited by a moderator:

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Hey welcome to the forum, I think we've all been in that situation at one time or another.

Ed Edwards

Dec 17, 2012
Kent/London
Hi Zen

Cheers for sharing. My kit's constantly evolving, which to me is part of the fun. The 'hobby' part between trips. I look forward to seeing your kit threads.

Ed

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
Hi Zen,
Welcome to the forum.
I've edited your link so it displays in the post rather than as a clickable link,
Why not say hello in the introductions thread.

Also, Snow Crash is one of my favourite books.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE