First Bivvying experience

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Winston

Jun 5, 2010
Preston
Ive just got back from a weeks camping/motorbike touring in Scotland with my good lady.

We stopped at a site called Meggernie, if your in the scout movement its worth a look... www.meggernie.org. We went in term time and had the place to ourselves. beautiful... and what with te Scottish laws about access great for bushcrafting.

They had a permanently built 5 person bivvy with a central fire pit and my wife decided that she would like to have a try at sleeping out in it...

A trip to the shops for some steak etc to cook on the fire and there we were, bedrolls and sleeping bags under the sky.

Although she takes an iterest in bushcraft and loves camping, shes never slept outdoors in anything other than a tent before but is now thinking about going out with me and a bivvybag and sleeping bag, as long as we have a tarp to sleep under. I just need to get a second bivvy bag asap before she changes her mind.

We also made her her first Spud Egg while we were there, i havent done them for years, not since i was a scout, brings it all bag....

Heres to more night under the stars..

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
Quality- well done!

My wife enjoys it every now and then, but constantly complains about a cold nose when she has bivvied out- not sure how i can remedy that either!

Winston

Jun 5, 2010
Preston
Maybe a knitted nose warmer....

My wifes only issue was that she woke with a cold face acouple of times, she viewed that as part of the adventure tho...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE