Finland in September

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jan Ververs

Feb 23, 2006
Netherlands
Hello ,

I am going to Finland in September. Will there be a mosquito problem?
I have bought a mosquito headnet, do I need a net to cover the complete body?
We are going for a week and will travel about 8 km every day.

For the Dutch people:

www. tornakbushcraft.nl

Best regards,

Jan

W

wiggles

i cannot answer your questions but i can say that finland in the winter is beautiful.i think its the same all year round.

wiggles:)

jerv

Forager
Aug 28, 2005
sussex
spent a month in finland last september/ october PM or email me if you want more info. i went all over. no probs with mossies, i didn't take any head nets or anything but elk fly were a nuisance !

Naruska

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 15, 2006
Finland
I am going to Finland in September. Will there be a mosquito problem?
I have bought a mosquito headnet, do I need a net to cover the complete body?
We are going for a week and will travel about 8 km every day

Depends on where you are going and also on the weather...
Generally speaking, mozzies shoudn`t be a problem...the louse/elk fly is increasingly common in the eastern and southern parts of Finland and may cause moments of discomfort :)

The louse fly (hirvikärpänen in finnish) lands on humans mainly due to a case of mistaken identity.... :D You look and smell like a moose...they drop their wings and then head for the hairy parts of your body. Very rarely, if ever do they bite...it`s more a case of the creepy crawly sensation...you`ll probably find a few on your kit and person even after you´ve been at home for a week ;)

I wouldn`t waste money on body nets...

Marko

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE