Finding all leather, high leg, wide fitting boots

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sharp88

Settler
Aug 18, 2006
Kent
Got some Meindl Dovre Extremes earlier on in February this year...a wide fitting boot apparently. Looking at the soles though you wouldn't think so. They're not a bad fit, the last is a bit snug with a swollen foot, but causes no pain or discomfort. I find the ankles on them to be freakishly large, making my foot slide up and down in the boot when going up hill, which is very irritating - insoles might solve this problem.

It seems to be impossible to find full leather, high leg boots, that are goretex lined with a truly wide last and wide sole.

The modern continental European walking boot design/lasting dosn't seem to fit wider feet very well as apposed to more traditional designs of boots and shoes - i.e. military boots, work boots, loakes, desert boots etc. Many American companies do extra wide, 3E sizes, etc. Years ago, I had a pair of Wolverine insulated hunting boots that I bought in the states that were a beautiful fit - unfortunately, as far as I know, Wolverine don't sell in the UK. Danner also do extra wide lasts, but once again...they don't sell the extra wide versions in the UK! Altama, Corcoran, etc all do extra or extra extra wide lasts, but they don't export them to the UK. Altberg from what I hear are very good for big feet, but living on the South Coast of England, their factory shop is very far away from me.

I'm just wondering, are there any other men with very wide feet out there and what brands of high leg boots do you find fit such feet? Where do you get them from?

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
I've got no experience with these boots, but I've read on a few posts in the states that Irish Setter boots are really wide, about the widest available. Linky here

NS40

Nomad
Nov 20, 2011
Scotland
Lundhags make cracking good boots I've heard and I know a lot of armed forces folk bought from them, especially for artic use. At one time (from what I heard) they used to do a made to measure service (not sure if they still do though). Apparently you had to draw round your foot and take measurements at various points so they got the fit right...

They do appear to allow you to choose wide/narrow fit from the link here http://www.lundhags.se/boots/#listProducts

Must admit never owned a pair and probably never will. I had the same pair of Salomon walking boots for about 14 years and they still look like new despite the various traumas I've put them through. Chances are they'll outlast me...

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
I've a pair of Matterhorn search/rescue or sometimes known as miners boot. High leg , gore-tex best defense lining (Kevlar) armadillo foot protection, crocodile toe covers an composite safety toe. A serious boot that I've put through the mill via wearing in my demolition years and plenty of field work. Flat sole that is re soleable. Oh aye an I wide box LOL.
b26d55b4-fbec-507d.jpg

b26d55b4-fc1b-e8e3.jpg

b26d55b4-fc45-c90c.jpg

The Mighty Oak Is Merely A Nut Who Stood His Ground

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE