Finally got round to leather work

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
well after making a few knives i finally got round to making some covers
(thanks to Leon1 for suggesting some basic tools etc )

First was a belt sheath for my Woody clone best said lucky the dye and polish covered up a fair few slips and trips with tools and Glue :banghead: and dark brown dye on wet leather really is dark :eek: ( oh wear gloves next time :lmao: )

So ok making knives is a lot easier than the leather work

moving on the next one is for my Whittler knife a 3/4 scale 3 finger knife thats fast becoming my fav for almost every cutting job going (even cutting the leather for the first sheath ) . After seing Neil1 using Leon1's neck sheath and thinking about it a necker seemed the right thing to do though i had always dismissed them before.
I had wanted to do a single item that would take teh Knife Spoon knife and steel but after playing with the idea it seemed impractical espesially for my non existant leather skills .

So taking Leons design ( sorry :rolleyes: ) i wanted to add a bit more and thought a pen/ pencil would always be handy So heres my version of a neck sheath with alternate carry options

with 6mm fire steel and 2 pencils ( or fits a DMT sharpener ) held in with elasticated bungie cord
Sheathfront.jpg
Sheathback.jpg

you may have spotted this in the above pics its an idea not sure if i like it or if its worht bothering with ??? pin saftey lock stops the blade being drawn ( sheath holds it firm any way even inverted) can also be be re strung horizontally or inverted
Safteypin.jpg

std neck carry long String with fishermans knots so you can alter length

you could add a small loop in the bottom holes and use this to button into a shirt to prevent it flapping
Neckcarry1.jpg

Slip the knots through a bit and you can Man Bag it :lmao:
armcarry2.jpg

undo one end and thread tho the bottom holes with enough for a belt secure as well if you like . also you can leave the belt loop on and slip teh main loop of your head the sheath can then be inverted and slipped into the pocket ( again dunno if its usful but its possible )
armcarry1.jpg

well i learned the old battered look is easier as its hard to get an even Dye colour and folding right angles is difficult pluss its quite thick at the end with 6 layers of leather even after linishing them of a bit maybe some 2.5mm next time still a few tool slips :eek: but again the dye helps cover it all up :D

would like to incorperate a LED keyring light into th end at the back as well in the next one but that might be to thick etc we will see think it will be usfull when in normal neck carry

ATB

Duncan

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
ooo I wouldn't go with that lippy and liner combo.... erm did I say that out loud??! ;)

Nice one, SWMBO seen it yet???? :twak:

Cheers,

Alan

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
I like the sheath, good work. But is that a consealed eye liner pencil i see?
that is very dangerous in the wrong hands, wow you have got some concealed weapons there havent you. the old bill would have a field day.
cheers
Topknot

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Love the make up set...all you need now is pink DPM.......oh....yeah :D

Very neat Dunc - like that a lot - original too

I like the sheath, good work. But is that a consealed eye liner pencil i see?
that is very dangerous in the wrong hands, wow you have got some concealed weapons there havent you. the old bill would have a field day.
cheers
Topknot

mates a copper nuffin on conceled weapons for pointy stuff ... then again hes armed police so is happy for you to bring a Knife to a gun fight :D :AR15firin :swordfigh

any way wots wrong witha neck carry pencil case gotta sharpen them with something :D

mates having a good time nicking Scrots in southampton with sub 3" non locking folders but doing them for a sharp pointy artical (exemption is only for blade not the pointy bit :eek: )

ATB

Duncan

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE