Fear of the dark

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
There must be some more news by now!!!

Actually, yeah. I was down there about an hour ago gathering ramsons and found a wheelbarrow. Seems our nut eating friend is busy. Going back tomorrow with the camera to get some pics of the work in progress. All the ramsons around make hiding any sign I was there very difficult though.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Be good to get a proper update soon been looking forward to it!

Yeah, sorry. Because the place lacks any vegetation over the Winter months, there is nothing much to see there. It is growing well now and as soon as the ramsons die back, the balsam takes over and the place becomes a jungle. I new our friend would be fixing his flooded holes, but I didn't think he'd do it so soon. Plus with my injury, I couldn't move fast if I saw him ;)

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Just read all 21 pages, all pure brilliant, and the Mr Stashio sage is gripping. Can't wait for more updated and pictures :)

I did get back up yesterday, but realised I'd forgotten my camera when I got there. I'll update it Thursday as I'm doing a local DNA sampling back here then.

comeonbabylightmyfire

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 3, 2010
London
Crikey, living in the less salubrious parts of south east London is supposed to be scary. I want to go to the woods to escape the unhinged.

<makes mental note to avoid camping anywhere near Stourton>

_mark_

Settler
May 3, 2010
Google Earth
Normally I find woods peaceful and I can relax in them better than anywhere, but there are occasions when I've quickly left an area because I felt very 'unwelcome' it's an uneasy feeling and specific only to woodland for me! Anyone else experienced it or am a loon?

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
When in a wood I prefer to be camped towards the top of a hill, not in the bottom of a valley/glade. I think it's a psychological thing, probably lighter & less oppressive.

kINGPIN

Nomad
Dec 14, 2009
Cambridgeshire UK
Normally I find woods peaceful and I can relax in them better than anywhere, but there are occasions when I've quickly left an area because I felt very 'unwelcome' it's an uneasy feeling and specific only to woodland for me! Anyone else experienced it or am a loon?

I went for a walk in the woods with my dog last night and got that same feeling. First time its ever happened. I think it is phsycological as I grew up hearing that those particular woods are haunted.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE