favorite piece of clothing?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pauljm116

Native
May 6, 2011
Rainham, Kent
Craghoppers winter lined trousers, Swedish M90 parka and my snugpak elite shirt have all be great this winter. A pair of army wrist warmers have been amazing too and my Berghaus explorer gtx boots that are in their third year of daily ise and are just as comfortable as the day I got them.

Soundmixer

Forager
Mar 9, 2011
Angus, Scotland
I had to read your post twice then had a wee laugh to myself. There's no close about it, that's my prefered wear in your list exactly. And your from Angus too? I think one of our Dads had a motorbike ;).

LOL:lmao:

I forgot one more thing - my collection of Buffs. Merino for winter, normal for the rest of the year. Fantastic piece of kit.
Goatboy, I live in Edzell Woods, near Brechin.

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
Ever since childhood, I've always regarded the top layer for the top half as the most important bit of kit. I like to have a wind and waterporoof jacket to hunker down in when things get hairy. It's my version of a child's security blanket and is usually the only coat I own apart from the backup cheap foldaway in the van. The pockets always contain a basic survival kit.

For the last six years I've had a Paramo Cascada and love it. I especially like the fact that it can be reproofed easily. Although it is a bit heavy, it does mean that one layer can be omitted and it is warm enough on its own in summer.

Although I'm sitting here in my winter lined craghoppers, I'm surprised how popular they are as I find them too hot except when it is really cold. I love the standard Kiwis that I wear most of the time because they can be worn with longjohns or not and so are more flexible for travelling in.

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Well for me its my Buff, I've had it for years. Makes a good sweatband in summer, keeps me warm in winter. I've used it as an impromptu water filter and bound a sprained ankle with it. A truly versatile bit of kit that folds down to nothing and goes everywhere with me :D.

DSC_0587_zpsff238b91.jpg

StJon

Nomad
May 25, 2006
Largs

Buffalo Mountain Shirt for me, I passed my purple one on to my wife and treated myself to a new green one

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
LOL:lmao:

I forgot one more thing - my collection of Buffs. Merino for winter, normal for the rest of the year. Fantastic piece of kit.
Goatboy, I live in Edzell Woods, near Brechin.

Yup Both my ex mutt and I wore/wear Buffs, merino and normal. I do find the merino buff a little long compared to the synthetic. I live down at Blackford near Auchterarder. Edzells nice and being an Angus lad myself that's no way biased. Some nice walking round your way and Pictavia is nearby- not been in ages.

Soundmixer

Forager
Mar 9, 2011
Angus, Scotland
I do find the merino buff a little long compared to the synthetic

Aye it is but it makes a great balaclava because of the length. One of these days someone will catch me down by the mouth of the North Esk birdwatching in the Paramo smock (Moss) and the merino Buff worn as a balaclava and call the police.:) Teal and Widgeon are flighty at the best of time so every little helps despite looking like a terrorist!

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Aye it is but it makes a great balaclava because of the length. One of these days someone will catch me down by the mouth of the North Esk birdwatching in the Paramo smock (Moss) and the merino Buff worn as a balaclava and call the police.:) Teal and Widgeon are flighty at the best of time so every little helps despite looking like a terrorist!

I know that feeling, I used to have permission to shoot on a farm that shared fence lines with Glasgow airport, used to wonder what would happen if we were spotted carrying longs and cammo'd up in the middle of the night out there. Lucky were were pretty stealthy I suppose.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Marks and Spencer Y fronts, never got on with boxer pants, I need a bit of the extra support found in Y fronts and Marks and Sparks fit me like they were hand made for me; there are no substitutes.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
A tricky one, it's a toss up between my Swazi Tahr which has kept me dry on some seriously soggy Scottish canoe trips, and the fact that it was a gift is a big factor. Or it's my Haglofs Rugged Mountain pants, I like them so much I've bought a second pair after they've been discontinued and put them away until I bust my first pair.

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Probably my multi-pocketed waistcoat. I asked for one when I was 12 and my parents got me it for Christmas. It was massive! I still wore it though and 22 years later I still have and wear it when I'm out in the countryside. To my knowledge its only ever been washed twice. There's all manner of crap in the pockets, from badger teeth to tinder, chapstick to matchstick.

knifefan

Nov 11, 2008
Lincolnshire
Just got in after a chilly walk around my lakes, stayed toastie in my Arktis Mamouth shirt combined with my Paramo wind/water proof smock an absolute bomb proof combination!!! :)

Bumbler

Nomad
Feb 22, 2013
Norway
www.bushcraft.no
My Norwegian army footbags. Sort of an combination of overshoe and gaiters. Where the shoe part is rubberized. Keeps the snow of your shoes, and also ads to your foots insulation. My toes can be frozen to the bone, on with the bags , walk around a little and warm feet again. I got frost bite in both feet as a child, sp I easily get cold feet.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE