fathers day bushcraft event

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

greensurfingbear

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Hosted a fathers day bushcraft course at work.

father got it for free! We talked about how to to make a fire then went into the woods to collect some fuel. While in the woods we ate wood sorrel and had a go at getting the fibres from nettles. Then it was back to the centre where I taught them how to make use of flint and steel. While we waited for the main cooking fire to get get to embers we fired up the kelly kettles so the the kids could make their Dads hot drinks. Once the fire was ready we stuck on a cast iron griddle and made Bannock Bread with bacon, burgers and sausages. the Kids got to use the saws and axes with a little help from Dads.

All in all a cracking day at work promoting good wholesome outdoorsy fun.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Sounds like a cracking event Orric, (almost wish I'd had kids so I could attend). Seems a good mix of tasks put across in a way that everyone would find fun. Was it well attended?
(Liked your way of seeing into the 12th dimension elsewhere too, good stuff mate!)
ATB,
GB.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE