Farm type campsites

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
Hi , was looking at taking the kids camping with a friend . The kids (and my friend) need imersing in the whole bushcraft thing at a slow rate , so i am looking for any recamendations on simple campsites . Like cockingford in devon . All i need is a toilet block and enough space for my tent to go up in . The tent is a tad large and has a diameter of nearly 8m !
Cheers
Pumbaa

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
Anywhere in the south really , nearer home would be better as i am bound to forget something vital the first time out !!:lmao:

janiepopps

Nomad
Jan 30, 2006
Heavenly Cornwall
That is one hell of a tent you've got there btw!

Not so sure about Dorset, but in Cornwall there is http://www.southpenquite.co.uk/index.html - I've not been there myself, but hopefully will this summer. They allow open fires too (also hire out yurts if youre feeling flush)

If you want to go much further afield then can highly recommend this place in North Wales http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/details.asp?revid=5882 - very basic, cheap and stunning area.

Have a little surf round the 'ukcampsite' website too, you should be able to find exactly what you're after.

Good luck!

j

Nov 14, 2005
Northiam, East Sussex
I've been to South Penquite and its a good bet, very kiddie orientated. They often have groups of schools/cubs/scouts etc stay there so just check in with them when such things aren't happening to get a quiet spot. Real fires is a bonus and there is some great walking straight out of the campsite with a number of interesting things to see.

Its also well away from any town and thus at night, if its clear, you can see millions of stars and even track satalites.

Haven't been there for a while now, but last time I went I found the owners to be friendly (you can buy bacon/eggs/milk off them last time I was there too!) and the facilities were adequate.

Check out their website.

Geoff

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE