Fancy more space in your polish tipi?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TREETOP

Forager
Mar 29, 2010
Here wishing i was out there
I've been thinking of doing this for a while and finally got round to doing it. Take a look at the link http://www.bushcraftliving.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8687

here's the pic of steroid tipi you can see the original tipi is a bit darker in colour.
photo0260.jpg

Last edited:

Bravo4

Nomad
Apr 14, 2009
New Mexico, USA
Very nice!:cool: Maybe a cold weather liner next?:naughty: Are those wooden toggles on the door and did you add them as well? I'm a one-forum kind of guy; more pictures here please.:)

TREETOP

Forager
Mar 29, 2010
Very nice!:cool: Maybe a cold weather liner next?:naughty: Are those wooden toggles on the door and did you add them as well? I'm a one-forum kind of guy; more pictures here please.:)

Cheers, No i think once the stoves lit it will keep me nice and warm at night.
Yeah i did add the wooden toggles to the door opening as the buttons that are on the original opening are very fiddly to use and didn't fancy a zip or velco so wooden toggles were used instead.

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Proper job treetop, be great with the stove too, and you've saved yourself a tidy sum.

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Nice mod there mate! People were throwing this idea around for some time, it's great to see pics of a finished product, nice one!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Very trim, and a good improvement :approve:

How awkward did you find sewing the canvas ? and now you've heightened and widened the footprint are you tempted to make a wall lining like the original tipis have ?

cheers,
Toddy

TREETOP

Forager
Mar 29, 2010
Very trim, and a good improvement :approve:

How awkward did you find sewing the canvas ? and now you've heightened and widened the footprint are you tempted to make a wall lining like the original tipis have ?

cheers,
Toddy

Well used a fairly light weight sewing machine with 100 grade needle in it and renewed the needle about 4 times doing the mod. The machine seemed a little strained at times where the fabric was thick at the corners, but if you take it easy and make sure you use a good strong tread you should be ok. Don't think i'll be making a liner as i need to keep weight and pack size down as much as possible

Bravo4

Nomad
Apr 14, 2009
New Mexico, USA
I really like the design of these little tents and I have to say again that your mod is fantastic:D. Thanks for posting up a pic. I guess a liner won't be needed but I'm eyeing a section of lightweight, white nylon parachute that would work well without too much effort. I have a cone-shaped, cheap-o mozzie net for the interior when needed, hope to make a liner before winter and now, an extension skirt like yours:lmao:.
I can imagine a sili-nylon version of this poncho-shelter half and I'll take 2 dozen to start;).

BTW, I got my Polish Army Tent from these guys here,
http://www.essexsurplus.com/campingtents.htm
No ties to Essex Surplus (see my location). Outstanding service and from what I could find, the only retailer that has them in stock. I don't care to pay for overseas shipping but the tent got here in 3 days!

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Whats the interior measurements now ? Side to Side and floor to Apex, any chance of a phot with someone in it for scale?

And are you doing commissions?

Great Stuff.

EDIT;- Sorry , just reading 'other' thread now.

TREETOP

Forager
Mar 29, 2010
Whats the interior measurements now ? Side to Side and floor to Apex, any chance of a phot with someone in it for scale?

And are you doing commissions?

Great Stuff.

Hi, Measurements are wider than i thought i other thread but the height is a little bit lower. The height is 197cm (77.5") and the width at widest point is 350cm (138"). I'm doing a few finishing touches to it like making a hole for stove flu that has a flap to cover it when not in use. Then i'll set it up again to take a few more pics, yes i'll include somebody in the pic for scale.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE