fallkniven U2 folder

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ColdIron

Jun 27, 2004
Odense, Denmark
I've got one.
Wouldn't call it 'tough'. More a 'gentlemans folder'.
More expensive than EKA, but IMO also another class.
Best small folder I've ever handled.
(Haven't had my fingers on a WilliamHenry yet!)
Erik

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
I've only been using Fallkniven for 5 years (they seem pretty good though), the EKA I've had for 25 years, so its not the latest, does'nt open one handed, but it cuts & cuts & cuts.
Its field strips, holds an edge like you would'nt beleive and you won't cry yourself to sleep when you brake it.
Neil

ChrisKavanaugh

Need to contact Admin...
The U2 is a nice little folder. It isn't one hand opening, but is very ambidextrous with thumbnail nicks on both sides. The very nicely squared spine throws a suprisingly good spark with a metal match and well curled feather sticks. If you want a small folder solely for a single using blade it is superb. If your looking for a small utility blade I'd get a SAK with your choice of bells and whistles. They are pricy, even discounted and I did lose mine to a thief :O(

davek

Dec 3, 2004
usa
How do the EKA folders stop when they close? Do they stop at the heel of the blade, or does the TIP flop onto a stop? I was thinking of getting a Swede 88 mail order but I hate folders where the tip is what hits when the knife closes.

george

Settler
Oct 1, 2003
N.W. Highlands (or in the shed!)
Thanks folks

Probably pretty much what I thought.

Neil1 I hear what you say about the superswede - theres any number of folders out there that will do the job - but I'm afraid (and no offence meant) the superswede is just so bloo** ugly!

Chris - I've got a couple of SAKs already but I'm not a fan.

The steel is what attracted me to the U2 in the first place - I'll keep looking for a while, see what else is out there, but I've got a feeling that it's going to come down to the U2

Thanks

George

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE