Face Time

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Thought i would carve something a little different, so grabbed the obligatory Hazel stick and whittled a few simple faces into it.

53699436566_7d683a70ed_c.jpg

Top one was carved with a SAK, the middle and bottom with a Flexcut Carvin' Jack, the beards were carved with the veiner on the Jack, stick is approx 15mm diameter, think i might put them out in the garden as a woodsy totem pole.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I like that :)

My Dad had a Blackthorn walking stick. He'd cut it when out for a wander with his Dad fifty years before. It was a knarled dark thing, hard as iron, but it had the impression of faces up it, sort of hidden in the folds and the knots....and he found my stash of glass eyes for teddy bears, that were no long considered safe to use, so he cut the wires short and used them like nails....you should have seen the look on kids faces when they actually 'Looked' at the walking stick :)
Little kids out with Grandparents who'd stopped to blether to my Dad....I thought it was brilliant :)

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Cheers all, have really enjoyed carving these, have two new sticks on the go at present with a few ideas im playing with, ie different noses, cheeks, eye angles, expressions etc, have also put faces on a couple of wooden mushrooms that will eventually go outside for the neighbours to take, it's also something a little different to the normal things i whittle away at and has made a pleasant change.

Reactions: Toddy and Mesquite

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Cheers all, have really enjoyed carving these, have two new sticks on the go at present with a few ideas im playing with, ie different noses, cheeks, eye angles, expressions etc, have also put faces on a couple of wooden mushrooms that will eventually go outside for the neighbours to take, it's also something a little different to the normal things i whittle away at and has made a pleasant change.
Have you ever thought of doing a tutorial on how to carve them Mark?

Reactions: Foogs and Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE