England to Norway. Fingers crossed…..

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Muddy Boots

Settler
May 27, 2009
warwickshire
Ryan air vs ferry.

Hmm that's a tough one.

I guess unless they strap a pair of water wings to ya and hoof you off the back tied to a rope the ferry has gotta be better.

Oh how am I going to miss the 5 hour wait at the airport for a stupid o clock flight and the 2 hours of being sat in cattle class.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
This would make life much easier getting to scandinavia by car. I used to use this route, had a very rough crossing once-lots of the crew were sick, let alone the passegers!

I fear the prices will be sky high though. Hopefully they'll do an economy chair to sleep in, rather than expensive berths.

I doubt you'll get a chair option. All the Scandinavian routes are cabin only at the moment, as was the previous Norway direct service. I'd expect it to be about the £800 mark in the summer for a car and 2 - 3 people in a cabin, so not cheap, but then neither is car hire in Norway.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Obviously since the "Chunnel" opened there has been a change. Judging from this thread, apparently many ferry routes are still operational though. Are there still hovercraft plying the Channel?

Large Sack

Settler
May 24, 2010
Dorset
And, er, don't forget to allow for seasonal (holiday time) variations in prices. As much as I would love to visit Scandinavia again, the cost of travelling with the family at holiday times has been prohibited by the cost. Not that it was any more expensive than other holidays...but when you factor in the travel costs for a family of 5 going by car...my wife starts comparing flights to Mauritius ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE