Emoticons

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
If your cursor is in the body of the message when you click on one of the smilies, it should be inserted into the message - but in case you don't know, all it will insert is some text [e.g. : ) for a standard smile]. If you want to see it display properly, click on the Preview Post button.

If you want to see the codes for the various smilies, click in the [More] link at the bottom of the list of smilies and it will list all of them, together with their associated code.

You can just type in the code, e.g. this one was entered by hand :)

HTH

Geoff

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Sounds like you are selecting "Post Icons" rather than Smilies.

Using IE7 here so cannot compare to see if its functionality, but when typing a new message or reply do you have a section below where you type the message called "Smilies" and then another section below that called "Post Icons"?

When you want to insert a smily, just click on the smily image within "Smilies" instead of selecting the radio button in the "Post Icons" section. When clicked it will insert text into the message section, which when the message is posted will transform into the smilies.

Hope that makes sense. :confused:

Andy.

EDIT...Opps we posted at the same time there Geoff. lol

giancarlo

Oct 5, 2003
Jersey, Channel Islands
It seems like a Mac / Safari thing mate.

Sorry for pimping it again, but you want to get FireFox on it, that will sort out most of these weird errors.
I'm a web developer and Mac's are a pain to develop to for compatibility, especially Safari, FF will render things much closer to how the original developer designed the site.

Thanks all - cleared up beautifully.

On the Mac/ Safari combo I don't have the option of inserting "smilies".

Immediately below the box I'm typing in are "Post Icons" with radio buttons and then the "Submit Reply" and "Preview Post" buttons.

So...Firefox it is then!

Thanks again.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE