edc

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
I'm sure many if not all of us could bodge something so that they wont close
The thing is what your doing is creating a knife which would be viewed very dimly if you were caught with it, I'd think the police would be far more likely to arrest you for that then a knife which was locking in the first place.

besides bushcraft would seem to be a good reason for carrying a fixed blade or locking folder (or both) anyway so why bother

mojofilter

Nomad
Mar 14, 2004
bonnie scotland
Arn't you going to share then? :D

The thing is what your doing is creating a knife which would be viewed very dimly if you were caught with it, I'd think the police would be far more likely to arrest you for that then a knife which was locking in the first place.

What exactly are the police going to do about a SAK with a paracord lanyard? :rolleyes:

for what purpose? :confused:

I would hazard a guess that its to make the blade less likely to close on your fingers..... :rolleyes:

Lots of people carry a SAK, I would imagine its probably the most common pocket knife in the world, if you can make it more secure for certain tasks, ie boring a hole with the point of the blade, it can only be a good thing.

Unless you were caught in a dodgy position with it "locked" open, I dont really see anyone taking a dim view of it....

I don't really see the need to jump down kb31s throat, it might just be a really good idea he's come up with.....

Bisamratte

Nomad
Jun 11, 2006
Karben
I had an sak fold on my fingers once :eek: ,it tought me to use the right tool for the job.

This could be handy when you dont have the right tool.

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Can I butt in with my mod hat on please chaps.

Karl,

If you're hoping to circumvent the knife laws in this country by sneekily (if that's a word) converting a legal knife into an illegal one (in certain circumstances - I know both can be considered illegal or legal in certain circumstances as well but I'm illistrating a point) then I must ask you not to post such information on this forum.
I say this because of your 'don't tell the cops' line in your opening post.

If, on the other hand, you're offering to share a safey tip on how to help prevent the blade on a non locking SAK folding on your fingers when doing particular tasks then please share, it could be very handy to know and save many plasters and trips to casulty... ;)

Thanks

Mark

mojofilter

Nomad
Mar 14, 2004
bonnie scotland
Buckshot said:
If, on the other hand, you're offering to share a safey tip on how to help prevent the blade on a non locking SAK folding on your fingers when doing particular tasks then please share, it could be very handy to know and save many plasters and trips to casulty... ;)

Thanks

Mark

Thats the way I read it, please share Karl.... ;)

kb31

Forager
Jun 24, 2006
by the lakes
RAPPLEBY2000 said:
he still hasn't explaned exactly what he ment! :confused:
sorry i work nights i am still geting my head round all this hi tec crack i will try to sort out some photos i have a swiss champ what you do is put a prusik knot on the key ring the para cord sould be about 2 feet long (you will have 2 bits 1ft after the knot. the run the para cord a long the top and under the main blade where the witeing is and back to the key ring now put a double over hand knot in the two ends play with the knot so you can just push it over the key ring and the other side under in to the mag glass slot. the harder or tighter you make it to do this the less the blade will move. it only work on the main blade its by no means fail safe so keep a tight grip on the knife the blade sould only move or close about 10mm but not on your hand!! hope this helps again sorry but am not on much with work n that could anyone help me with how all this works?? cops was a joke but don't show them karl

Reactions: RAPPLEBY2000

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
sounds like a pretty safe idea to me!

certainly an idea i want to remember whae all i have is a non locking pen knife!

cheers for that!

sorry about the questions, you just made it sound really dodgy! :rolleyes:

here have a rep point! :D

kb31

Forager
Jun 24, 2006
by the lakes
RAPPLEBY2000 said:
sounds like a pretty safe idea to me!

certainly an idea i want to remember whae all i have is a non locking pen knife!

cheers for that!

sorry about the questions, you just made it sound really dodgy! :rolleyes:

here have a rep point! :D
a swiss champ is wide i don't know if it works on any knife any one biger ive got locks anyway saying that ive made a fire bow set and fire useing just my swiss it's about 10 year old and i had one bofore that it's been my ecd aslong ive had knifes ive got a swiss tool but it's 4in long and locks so it's dodgy :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE