EDC torch that's uncomplicated

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
What? Do you understand how small Petzl Tikkina is? Like a matchbox.
As I said I have one but this is a torch for use all day in dark buildings etc. I'm not going to wear a head torch all day and with the strap it's far more bulky in my pocket than a purpose designed pocket torch. It only puts out 300lmn which is much less than the torch that I'm replacing. It's fine as a head torch but it's definitely not an EDC pocket torch

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Antony Flashaholic just sold me a Nitecore EX10 with a somewhat rare Ozram Golden Dragon Plus emitter in it. Box is water damaged, they lost some stock to flooding late last year, so he’s charged me £20 for that too. Right old nostalgia trip going on :D

He’s also pretty certain he might have some 4Sevens bits somewhere about too, oh yes!

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
The original 9v light was the PakLite, but the price of them for what they are is silly. Bet could 3d print (or likely someone has already done it) one for pennies.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Antony Flashaholic just sold me a Nitecore EX10 with a somewhat rare Ozram Golden Dragon Plus emitter in it. Box is water damaged, they lost some stock to flooding late last year, so he’s charged me £20 for that too. Right old nostalgia trip going on :D

He’s also pretty certain he might have some 4Sevens bits somewhere about too, oh yes!

Yeah, CR123 twisties do seem like a thing of the past. Like the Sunwayman M11R Titanium. Very bling light.

Potatohead

Jul 1, 2020
Surrey... near a tree :)
Regarding Olight tailcap magnets, they are easily removed with a pair of tweezers.

A recessed tail cap with a firm clicky switch shouldn’t really come on in the pocket, but I see why you like the twisty. I’ve lost a couple of keyring twisties due to the head coming off, but not a problem with pocket carry.

Ditto that. A quick fix if magnet is your only gripe.

IMG_1067.jpeg

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I've got a couple of Nightcore chargers that I suppose would work - but annoying to have a function built in that I gave to disable & buy a separate charger!

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I've got a couple of Nightcore chargers that I suppose would work - but annoying to have a function built in that I gave to disable & buy a separate charger!
I completely gave up liking Olight because of their proprietary batteries. I lost the charger for my Baton ages ago.

Reactions: British Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE