EBPrimitives Fire Piston

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MikeE

Sep 12, 2005
Essex
If you are in the market for a fire piston those sold on Ebay by Emil at EB Primitives are superb and work out cheaper than many from the UK.
The basic kit I bought contained piston, cleaning rod, dozens of spare seals, pricker to remove coal, lube, a tinder tin which you transfer the coal to, bag of tinder, two bags of Black Bear Igniter (a type of char material). This included extras in the box to compensate for the postage from CONUS, a very nice gesture! There is even a small attached thread which decompresses the piston in order to close it up fully for transit.
Even better, I placed a tiny bit of igniter in the holder and tried it, blow me if it didn't work straight from the box! Cleaned and ready for next use.
Highly recommended:D

No connection........................................etc.

Anyone else have one?

Tracer1969

Feb 11, 2009
Belgium
Hey Mike,
I have one firepiston from EB Primitives also, they are super!
Here some photo's from a Dutch post:

This is what you receive, I did get 2x bags of black bear tinder because shippingcost was more outside the USA

Foto-J3JPXUEX-D.jpg

Close up from the firepiston, seals, lube, cleaning rod and tinderbox:
Foto-JKQHCQLQ-D.jpg

Before every use lube the seal
Foto-4XBC63WH-D.jpg

Tinderbox filled with red cedar, you find these in the gardenshops for little money, used as a moister around plants.

Foto-MCPUYZEK-D.jpg

Foto-47SAPKJQ-D.jpg

Foto-VCN77ISM-D.jpg

Foto-ZIKFARLK-D.jpg

Foto-HNOPXKRL-D.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE