East Anglia Group! - Archive

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

R-Bowskill

Forager
Sep 16, 2004
Norwich
Getting a date for the next moot would be good as then I can book time off from one of my jobs (the one that involves working weekends). Maybe the priorirties should be: first, fix the date, then the location, then we all decide what we're going to do skills we're going to share etc.

Also might be an idea for anyone with photo's from the first one to bring some to let those who missed it see what it was like. Tessa should have hers developed by then.
:rolmao:

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
there has been a death in my wifes family, so i won't be around for a little while, relatives to see and a funeral to go to.

you can still contact me, but i won't be available for activiteis for the next couple of weeks, as i'm sure you will understand.

sorry for giving short notice for the Peak district trip, I really wanted to go but that's when thungs started going pear shaped.

hopefuly i should be around for the next trip!

tell us how the trip went!

cheers, Richard.

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Desperate Dan said:
Well it's looking to me that the 23rd and 24th are looking the most promising, has anyone got a problem with provisionally setting this as the weekend for the next moot?
Fine by me :biggthump

Ranger Bob

Nomad
Aug 21, 2004
Suffolk
Fenlander said:
Any news on confirmation of the Anglo Saxon options for our group name :?:

It seems that both of Angelcynn's websites are not funtioning and the only e-mail address I could find for them does not work! :?: I have been trying to learn about Anglo saxon grammar ( no easy task) but most books and articles tend to contradict each other! Anyone out there fluent in old english!?!?!

Desperate Dan

Jan 18, 2005
Bury St. Edmunds Suffolk
Cool, Kevin was it you who organised the 2 mile bottom site? Would we be able to do the weekend there, or is there anywhere else anyone is interested in?
i will investigate the Bradfield site and see if they would be happy for us to ise that site.

What do people think about inviting someone to demonstrate and teach a different skill or craft at each moot?

We have contact details for local archer now, I have contact details for someone who MIGHT be willing do some flint knapping and I could ask Richard Mabey whether he would talk about plants? :?:

If i can get Dave to come along, there may be several skills he has learnt at the Bushcraft instructors couse :lol:

Or would people prefer to keep things more informal :?:

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Fenlander said:
What do people think about inviting someone to demonstrate and teach a different skill or craft at each moot?

We have contact details for local archer now, I have contact details for someone who MIGHT be willing do some flint knapping and I could ask Richard Mabey whether he would talk about plants? :?:

If i can get Dave to come along, there may be several skills he has learnt at the Bushcraft instructors couse :lol:

Or would people prefer to keep things more informal :?:
Experts are a great idea, you only need them for one day and the rest of the time could be more informal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE