Early morning bimble

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mikergj

Tenderfoot
Feb 5, 2011
Oxford
Took my Nephew out for a walk this morning, and gave me chance to try the Honey stove out for the first time in the field. It was a lovely morning, with frost on the ground and the sun was out.

I should of got my camera out earlier than I did, but here is a few I took when we stopped for breakfast and a cuppa.

DPP_0008.jpg

DPP_0007.jpg

Boiling some water for our tea.
DPP_0004-2.jpg

DPP_0005-2.jpg

DPP_0006.jpg

Then some bacon sarnies to follow
DPP_0010.jpg

Nicely smoked,ha ha.

My nephew playing with my new Falkniven
DPP_0013.jpg

Our breakfast site as we left.
DPP_0014.jpg

DPP_0015.jpg

DPP_0016.jpg

On the way back I came across this, any ideas.
DPP_0019.jpg

DPP_0020.jpg

Its reading on this forum that has got me interested in looking on the ground, but with no idea at the moment.
If these were round would they be rabbit and oval , not sure.
DPP_0023-1.jpg

Thanks for looking
Mike

mikergj

Tenderfoot
Feb 5, 2011
Oxford
Thanks for that, I did think they were dear but was not sure. I am totally new to looking on the ground for signs of our wildlife. Another thing we came across was a dead fox, and at this point I had still not got my camera out so no pic. Wishing I had a pic now as I found it a bit bizzare. It looked like it had maybe been dead for a day or two and had a hole in its side the size of a tennis ball and its guts were hanging out.

To do that kind of damage with a shot gun from my experience you would have to be fairly close, I turned it over and there was no entry wound from say a high velocity round.

Could it of been a smaller wound may be and another small animal has fed on it fuss opening up the wound.

I realise its difficult to solve my curiosity with out a photo, but any suggestions would be appreciated .

As for the print, I should of put some thing next to it to give a idea of size, and we could not see any more forward or back because of the grass.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE