Dumb spoon questions

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
I hope you are not gonna say rowan is poisonous as I was stirring the casserole with this last weekend!!!! Don't think its a spoon though....spatula?

Dave

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Laburnum is perfectly safe. Robin has a reliable toxicology report on it and, whilst the flowers and seed pods are highly toxic, the wood isn't - you would have to eat several complete quaiches before you even started to feel poorly!
Nicola

Thank You :D
It's a lovely piece and I was looking forward to passing it around the campfire. Somehow the wooden one seems more appropriate for a bushcraft meet up than one of the silver ones.

cheers,
Toddy

DoctorSpoon

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 24, 2007
Peak District
www.robin-wood.co.uk
I hope you are not gonna say rowan is poisonous as I was stirring the casserole with this last weekend!!!! Don't think its a spoon though....spatula?
Rowan is one of my favourite woods to use - it takes a lovely finish straight off the tool - I love the chocolate-coloured grain pattern in yours.

Somehow the wooden one seems more appropriate for a bushcraft meet up than one of the silver ones.
Wood and silver quaiches are even better ... one of Robin's ;)
gal-quaiche.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE