Dream Trip.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

squantrill

Nomad
Mar 28, 2008
The Never lands!
www.basiclife.eu
All the people that want to paddle around sweden norway; any body actually interested in realising that dream and planning and actually going on a trip ??

My guess is that it is not going to be really expensive if you paddl and camp..... ?

Steve13

Native
May 24, 2008
Bolton
Canada for me , I have family in Ontario and near Vancouver just need to pluck up the courage to fly that far

Having said that Sweden looks good fun also

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
A month in the Wind River Mountains would be nice or a north-to-south jaunt down the Pacific Crest Trail. Closer to home, I'd love an extended trip through Norway and Sweden or something that links the Tatras with the Alps on foot or ski or, ideally, both. Failing all these things - and therefore, let's face it, the most viable option - would be to drift northwards up the Cape Wrath Trail.

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
My dream trip was post #1, and I did it. Bloomin marvelous and I recommend it. Cost me my dream motorcycle though and made to feel guilty if I mention going over there again for that long away from the family.
Next dream is similar to Wallenstein's.

mick miller

Jan 4, 2008
Herts.
okay, I know it's stretching reality a little but if money really were no object...

I'd like to go into space and see the world in it's entirety in the most unimaginably awesome and humbling setting of all.

Otherwise, if we're talking reality it would have to be a genuine safari, not one of those land rover based jobbies but a proper 'walk it on foot' one, I'd need a flipping good guide though, preferably of the armed variety. I don't fancy becoming somethings lunch!

WoodWildling

Forager
Oct 16, 2008
New Forest
www.bigskyliving.co.uk
I would like to ride through Sweden, or canoe or both :D .
I would also like to return to Morocco to stay in the Atlas mountains for a bit longer - the Berber people are so welcoming and friendly.
Failing that, the West coast of Scotland by canoe or horse would make me equally happy!:rolleyes:

Wild

dogwood

Settler
Oct 16, 2008
San Francisco
I've been lucky enough to do the western US (Cali, Mont. Wyoming, Idaho, Colorado, etc) and Canada and Alaska (lived there...) And lucky to have done most of the Pacific Crest Trail and a chunk of the Appalachian trail. And they were all perfect experiences.

So for me, it would be Africa, more Africa and a bit more, topped off by Pakistan, Himalayan India, Nepal and Tibet. Yep, those are for me -- although as a Yank I reckon I'll have to lay off of the back country of Pakistan and Afghanistan for a while...

(New Zealand would be grand too...)

Now about Siberia...

fatduck89

Nov 19, 2007
Goffs Oak
My ideal trip;

Go on a massive wilderness canoe trip in western Canada, stick mainly to northern BC and the Yukon, maybe even Alaska. While on this trip, scout for the perfect cabin location, which would be the main agenda of the trip. Return to the location and build the cabin, not on my own though, I would like to spend some time alone but I dont think its healthy to be on your own for that long. Live out in the Canadian wilderness in my cabin, and maybe write a few books about it.

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Iceland (and no not to lynch any bankers!!:lmao:)

It has been Iceland ever since I was a Scout when one of the Venture Scouts came to our Troop to give us a talk about the expedition he went on :D - Still holds an attraction to me for some reason.

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
Canoeing the Yukon River. Then a trip up the Nahanni River would be rather nice. Really, somewhere with space away from "civilized life" few people, lots of woods, wildlife and quiet & darkness at night. Alaska would do me too. To see the Aurora would be the icing on the cake..

fatduck89

Nov 19, 2007
Goffs Oak
Starnge you say that Sapper.... I'm just reading Blood River by Tim Butcher who just did that very journey 2 or three years ago. If you haven't read it get it... it's a good read :)

Yeah I read that recently, the beginning was very good but he is very much trying to convey this image of him being a hardcore explorer. The Congo is very dangerous but he was never on his own, the picture on the back made me laugh alot, he is like one of those british expeditionaries sitting on an elephant saying 'old boy' and 'chap' alot, while a native does all the driving, bargaining etc etc, while he stands in the background with a bad sun tan and a cocktail in his hand.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE