Dorset

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
The surf here is pretty lame , but picks up further west .
As for camp sites most are very touristy so if you are looking for a bushcrafty one , you may have difficultys .
However there is one down the road right next to a pub and train station if thats any help !!
I will grab the phone number if you want it
Pumbaa

Beer Monster

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 25, 2004
With the gnu!
Some good walking to be done in Dorset along the coast (south west coast path) and further in land.

Lulworth Cove is worth a visit, very tourist though. That whole coast line is called the fossil coast and the area around Lyme Regis is particularly rich. I picked up a couple of fossil shark teeth the last time I was there! Chesil beach is also worth a wander.

There are a few castles etc but I suppose it really depends on what you are interested in?

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
Avoid Weymouth in the summer!
one road in and out and billions of tourists(grockles)
Maiden castle,just outside Dorchester is worth a visit if your into Iron age history

Daniel

Nomad
Apr 20, 2005
Berkshire
A villiage called Worth Matravers is a nice starting spot for a days walking on the coast, and if you don't fancy camping out of a campsite the pub there (The Square and Compass) own a field where you can pay something like 3 quid to pitch your tent, and it's not allways that busy! Also, the pub does THE best cheese and onion pasties, worth going just for that!

Dan

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE