Dog stolen from little Birkhamstead Essendon

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
apologies if this is in the wrong place. my friends went on holiday to see relatives , one of the young girls took their dog a walk to a village a couple of miles away on sunday the 17th .the dog was stolen from a village store on church street,Little Birkhamstead ,Essendon. the dog was a 6 month old saluki cross lurcher bitch, smooth coated and light cream colour. does any members know or live in this area. i think finding the pup is slim ,but stranger things happen ?their kids are distraught,any help appreciated thank you: offtopic:

hiraeth

Settler
Jan 16, 2007
Port Talbot
Sorry to hear of the loss, The Countrymans Weekly has a lurcher search column, well worth trying there. Hope the dog turns up soon

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Too many hunting breed dogs are getting stolen these days for illegal dog fighting, three people I know have had their dogs taken for this very reason. I hope you get better news though soon gill.

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
cheers shewie , i would like to see my mates kids getting their dog back .but i think it is long gone .

h2o

Settler
Oct 1, 2007
ribble valley
They wouldnt steal this dog for fighting, gypsies will have stole it for rabbiting!!!
If the kids want a mini yorkie ill give em one!!!

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
No that`s just it, they`re put in against pit bulls etc and not expected to fight back but see how long thay can survive.

I`ve even seen the remains of them afterwards.

jddubber

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 12, 2008
Kettering
No that`s just it, they`re put in against pit bulls etc and not expected to fight back but see how long thay can survive.

I`ve even seen the remains of them afterwards.

bang on, ive seen the results too, i worked in rescue for a number of years and we got some that managed to survive :(

Are there any local travellers that are approachable, they might know where its gone and aid in its hopeful return

jddubber

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 12, 2008
Kettering
It's not just "gypsies" or "travellers" that steal dogs.

nope very true and i apologise if ive caused offence, in my part of the world however a traveller friend of which i have a few can be a major advantage in finding a lost of stolen sighthound

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE