Do you know this camera?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Snarf

Nomad
Mar 30, 2009
Birmingham
Hello folks,

I hope this is the right place for this, if not, MODS, can you please move if needs be.

Well let's start...

I was tiding my nan's shed on Sunday and I came across this camera.

5ce8a808-a269-36fa.jpg

Now I've had a look on T'internet n can't find much about it. It has no model number, no serial, nothing really other than "prolens" "motor drive" it takes 35mm film and takes 4 AA batteries, 2 in the camera and 2 in the flash. Flash has a 90degree arc and has a thumb trigger I think.

Here are some more pics

5ce8a808-a2e5-873b.jpg

5ce8a808-a2f7-2288.jpg

5ce8a808-a30b-c39b.jpg

What I'm really asking is, does anyone know anything about it?

Thanks in advance.

Snarf

Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
It looks like a kit that was sold about 20 years ago, looks like a "proper" SLR set up but in actual fact they were cheap rubbish made in Tiawan or somewhere. They took average photos no better than instamatics of the time but with a "toy" zoom lens. Real crap, sorry if this is'nt what it is but it does look like one of those rubbish kits. It might be ok but I genuinely doubt it.

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
It looks like a kit that was sold about 20 years ago, looks like a "proper" SLR set up but in actual fact they were cheap rubbish made in Tiawan or somewhere. They took average photos no better than instamatics of the time but with a "toy" zoom lens. Real crap, sorry if this is'nt what it is but it does look like one of those rubbish kits. It might be ok but I genuinely doubt it.

Thats what it is you can tell bey the pseudo lens elements the example on the link show says focus free on it an this probably does which means it has the cheapest type of lens going. It may be worth selling as toy camera as they in fashion Lomographers I believe you may get £20 - £30 for it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE