Do You go it Alone

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
Er indoors thinks ruffin it is when the toilet & shower blocks are more than 20 yards from the tent flap, so although she enjoys glamping rather than camping the "out in the woods" stuff is strictly taboo. I tried to tempt her to go to Comriecroft a couple of Neerdays ago for the meetup she would only consider it if we hired the fancy ones they've got there with the fires and log pile to hand, even then she thought it would be a bit "primitive"

backpacker

Forager
Sep 3, 2010
Eastbourne, East Sussex
I'm not the only one then! my missus don't understand my bushcrafty stuff either, and when it comes to Glamping!! we went to the Lake District about 3 years ago and the wife booked the pitch everything because she wanted to feel part of the camping scene, when we arrived at the camp site she said that she had a surprise!! She had only booked our own private bathroom for the week, at a cost! not my sort of thing, mind you we really had bad weather half way through the week heavy rain and thunder storms guess where she slept, the bathroom......

leealanr

Apr 17, 2006
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
A 5 Star Hotel is about as bushcraft as my wife gets these days!

She does days out, not over night if she can avoid it.

Son (aged 10) and youngest daughter (aged 8), fight to get out, eldest (13 going on 23!) you must be joking!

Alan L.

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
I must say my Mrs isn't at all bad TBH she does camp but only on a site with toilets and a shower, she does however support me when i want to go out anywhere i want she usually drops me off and then picks me up again! And most of all she buys me shiny sharp things every now and then when ive been good lol

Dave

whitey3192

Forager
Oct 23, 2010
North yorkshire
my mrs is the same, couldnt care less especially about bushcraft. ( to the point when she comes in the room when im on the comp she goes 'bushcraft friend' inbetweeners style.

she said however that she would 'try camping as long as there is somewhere to plug in the hair straighteners'
she 'doesnt see the point' in bushcraft.
which was quite funny when we were watching movie 'the road' a couple of days ago, she said ' i wouldnt know what to do to survive if the world was like that' to which i replied ' i would, so i'd be fine and so would my 'BUSHCRAFT FRIENDS'

1 - 0 to whitey! :)

nenook

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 24, 2010
stafford
hey up I must be very lucky then mine comes canoeing and camping, weve got all the glamping gear but when were in the canoe she knows Il look after her, and she is getting into wildlife photography so happy days, I go alone when the temp is as it is now though, she even said I got do some wood carving /spoon making in the house as long as I put a sheet down, me thinks she must be after an extra xmas prezzie. lol

nenook

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
I'm very lucky,

I have an incredibly patient, tolerant wife.

SWMBO lets me do my thing outdoors solo, we do heaps of outdoors stuff with the children together, We have the occasional trip together sans children and occassionally SWMBO does something solo...

Here is my far better half enjoying some fine NZ mountain weather...

megiced.jpg

For me all time outdoors is good time be it solo with family or with your partner.

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
A wet week under canvas in Pembrokeshire put paid to my other half's hesitant interest in camping. As for getting out into the woods, too many creepy crawlies in summer :yikes: and too cold in winter.:hatscarf:

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
Last year the missus took my old tent and other kit and lugged it all to the Beautiful days festival in devon and managed to be ok with it.
this year i made sure we had some comforts and brought a bigger tent and chairs etc and cooked her brekkie etc. it hammered it down on the sunday proper lashed it, however she still had buckets of fun!
looking at getting my eldest sorted this spring then the youngest in the summer and we can all go out camping.
in between me doing my trips with my tarp and bivi mind.

@silentpaddler: does your missus know you've posted that pic on the intermanets? lol.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE