Do You go it Alone

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ij rowley

Nov 21, 2010
manchester
Hi Folks
Just a quck query , my Mrs doesnt get this outdoor stuff , unless warmth , TV and slippers are involved she shows no interest , do you folks go out alone or does your other half participate , just interested to see if I married a dud one . Thanks Ian

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
A bit of both.
SWMBO has been to meets, and we go camping occasionally.
However, Mostly I go alone.
It depends on the location and time of year.

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
Bushy stuff I do alone as it's a bit primitive for SWMBO although we car camp and walk together very often.
She has to have a shower block on hand but otherwise we share lots of outdoorsy stuff.

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
mine goes camping ...(and our 2 kids)

but our family set up has a 3 foot think inflatable bed , bit double down sleeping bag, and my truck is equipped with 240v for the hair straighteners, (no lie!!)

we have an L200 and its full to bursting even for a 3 day weekend,...we even have an inflatable settee!!! hahaha

we use commercial sites and sit rounfd the bbq with an artificial log on it singing songs, playing guitar and drinking ,...

But, needlless to say, i do my bushy stuff (or caveman camping as she calls it) alone or with mates,...

Osprey

Forager
Nov 21, 2006
Aberdeenshire
SWMBO is into walking, having fires on the beach, collecting edibles in the wild, but no longer wants to do the overnight camping bit ! So that part gets done alone.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Mine can't camp due to chronic arthritis. We walk when she can, but mostly I go alone. I'm trying to persuade her into a hammock, cos I think she'll like it, and then we might get out for an overnight in the summer. She likes the outdoors, but just can't do it anymore

Oarsnpaddle

Forager
May 24, 2010
Greater Copenhagen
I have given up trying to make her interested. So in the future she will have to ask if she's interested. I'll go alone, and I kind of like it that way, as there's noone to wait on (as in "waiter").
It's just me, my boat and whatever I bring to keep me, myself and I comfy and occupied. I bring my Tenkara rod, different firemaking and stoves to try different things. Although not very bushcrafty, I also always bring a camera, an audio recorder (which one depends on where I'm going), and my ereader with loads of books (and a little music).

Radix lecti

Native
Jan 15, 2006
Gloucester
Mine isn't interested one bit, she understands though and just lets me get on with it. Even if i brought some wild food home be it mushrooms,berries or fruit she wont touch it because it hasn't come from a supermarket !! Besides there is no way i could go stealth camping with her because she just cant stop talking.:headbang:

persistent king

Settler
May 23, 2010
wigan
Mine isn't interested one bit, she understands though and just lets me get on with it. Even if i brought some wild food home be it mushrooms,berries or fruit she wont touch it because it hasn't come from a supermarket !! Besides there is no way i could go stealth camping with her because she just cant stop talking.:headbang:

hahahahahahah quality

country boy

Tenderfoot
Jun 15, 2005
cornwall/devon border
mine no chance unless there is a shower/toilet block and leci hookup for the hairdrier trying still to convince her that a night on Dartmoor waking up to the sunrise would be a posative thing 2 yrs now still no luck as the song goes Here i go again on my own up side no nagging

Jan 28, 2010
ontario
Well I guess I can call myself lucky in that regard...my wife couldn't be happier being out far from civilization. Her real gift
is cooking gourmet-type stuff on an open fire. Here is a picture of her at a remote little lake last summer, about 5 portage
trails north of nowhere...

july2010064.jpg

paulhereford

Mar 15, 2009
Hereford
My lovely lady doesn't get my passion for the outdoors and bushcrafty stuff.....we are total opposites in many ways which probably accounts for us having been together for so long :)

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
well she used to, nothing too bushy but we liked backpacking around the highlands. then a nasty fall took care of that for her, she did have a go in my hammock though and she thought it was great! :) i do miss her company.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE