DIY Solar Oven

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

kombi

Apr 19, 2010
London
It's difficult to get those temperatures with a box oven, maybe in summer in California. In UK no chance. I've got a vacuum tube solar cooker that can get that hot and beyond that in direct sun, in the UK. This is what I mean www.slicksolarstove.com , today, sunny, January, I made a big long omlette, 3 egger

markman8

Dec 14, 2012
Crete Greece
It's difficult to get those temperatures with a box oven, maybe in summer in California. In UK no chance. I've got a vacuum tube solar cooker that can get that hot and beyond that in direct sun, in the UK. This is what I mean www.slicksolarstove.com , today, sunny, January, I made a big long omlette, 3 egger

Nice one yet I suppose it will be quite difficult in cleaning this tubed glass container. It shows to be very efficient though. Very difficult to make something like this as a DIY project as tha main parts of the coocking chamber have to be bought as they are.

kombi

Apr 19, 2010
London
Yes, the glass tube is a dewar/thermos tube. So it cant be DIY. If you want some really high temps with something you make yourself, you want to try a parabolic dish solar cooker. You could look for a thrown away TV dish, then stick some shiny stuff to it. Get the focus right and your away. Don't burn your eyes, use sunglasses!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE