Dinner

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mike313

Nomad
Apr 6, 2014
South East
Hi Folks,

OK this is not about bushcraft or cooking outdoors but I thought I share this with you. I work from home (and only part-time) so I have it easy, but my dearly beloved works in a plant nursery - physical, tiring work - so, when I can, pretty much every day in fact, I like to have a nice meal ready for her (and me!) when she comes home. Now, she's a better cook than me but she does appreciate my efforts ;-)
So I wanted to show you the Minced Steak & Veggie Pie I made this evening.

P1010675_zpscb52bb70.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I should have taken another picture showing it when I cut it open.

Anyway, there you go. I was proud of it (but I'm easily pleased!) Haha.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
that's a cracking looking bit of pastry!

if you tell me that you made that flaky pastry I will be very impressed - I make my own shortcrust but can't be bothered making flaky.

Mike313

Nomad
Apr 6, 2014
South East
that's a cracking looking bit of pastry!

if you tell me that you made that flaky pastry I will be very impressed - I make my own shortcrust but can't be bothered making flaky.

I have made flaky pastry in the past and it turned out fine (all that folding and rolling) but no, not this time, I used one call 'Jus-Rol'. Brushed it liberally with egg yolk (just the yoke, no white).

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Thats how I do it (shhhh). I can knock up a "rough puff" ok, but as you say, making flaky is a faff :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE