Did Santa bring you any Bushcraft kit?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
He got me a Sabre 45 ruck sack, a thermos flask (bit to big for bushcraft though) and I was suprised to also get three Osram Dot-it LED lights.

These little things can be attached anywhere and have a sticky pad on the back, you then press the centre to switch on the three very powerful LEDs contained inside.

http://www.osram.com/products/luminaires/special/dot_it.html

I'm not sure why Santa got me three but I may swap or sell two.

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
i got a leather sheath for my clipper, AA led maglite, firesteel and ray mears extreme survival series 1 and 2
leon

bilko

Settler
May 16, 2005
SE london
I got a gransfors wildlife hatchet, a Bill conners hat in a bag ( leather cowboy style ), collins food for free little gem amongst some other good stuff all from my brother and his wife.
Happy :)

fred gordon

Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Hi Folks. We all seen to be doing really well from Santa. Proves we must all have been very good over the last 12 months. I got the Bushcraft folding Bucksaw, a copy of the Animal Tracks & Signs with the Foreward by RM and the Collins Gem Food for Free. Feeling very lucky. I'll be off tomorrow to try out the new saw in the local woods.
As a result of Santa's generosity I now have a spare copy of the Collins Guide to Animal Tracks & Signs by Bang & Dahlstrom, the 1980 edition. If anyone would like it then just PM me.
Enjoy your pressies. :)
Books gone :)

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
i got a small wilkinson sword pruning saw. it's larger brother has a very aggressive sawing action (as anyone who has seen it in action can testify) so i expect great things from it.

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
i also got lots of money which i am going to spend on a camera and case
btw whats a canoe kit ?
leon

fred gordon

Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
leon-b said:
i also got lots of money which i am going to spend on a camera and case
btw whats a canoe kit ?
leon
Hope all goes well with the camera choice leon. Like you I was wondering what the canoe kit was. :)

fred gordon

Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Nikolai said:
Yeah, i'm wpndering to. Mead horn is working fine, as you may be able to tell... im pretty drunk right nowe :rolleyes: :D :swordfigh (btw, not wanting to create bad impression)
Don't worry. It's Christmas. Just pass the horn round and we'll forgive you! :lmao:

Bushwacker

Feb 21, 2006
Basildon Essex
I got a very nice bottle of Jim Beam black label. very smooth, sweet, kinda caramely. won`t be much use for cutting kindling, cooking banock etc. but by heck, you get a good nights sleep with it! :lmao: :beerchug:

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
A small GB hatchet (nice!), a Spydie UKPK (very nice!) a couple of bushcraft DVDs, a thick woolen zip front jacket/heavy shirt, looks like it may be warmer than my Swanni Ranger shirt I got for my birthday, and there is a 12 cm zebra billy can stuck in the postal system somewhere between here and Sheffield, that's from my dear old mum. Well in mum, good choice!

I also got a great idea for a portable grill that popped into my head this morning whilst I was putting some good german beer away, I will be working on the prototype soon so keep watching the forums for details!! It will be lightweight and big enough to cook a few sausages and bits of bacon on, and will fold flat to stow behind my pack frame so it won't take upp storage space in my bergen and won't get my kit dirty (hopefully!)

Harmonica

Forager
Jul 16, 2006
Clara Vale, Tyne and Wear
I got a GB Small Forest Axe so now i can go and book a place on the Axe Workshop course with Woodsmoke :lmao: Also got a canoeing dry bag from the girlfriend so better book a canoe course too! My new leatherman and turboflame lighter may just come in handy in the woods too but the axe is still my best pressie :D

Big John

Nomad
Aug 24, 2005
Surrey
I got a small adze, bowyers bible pt1, Mors Bushcraft, a rather nice flint striker/steel & tickets to see Ray Mears (well technically i bought it, but now ma & pa have bought it off me, if you see what I mean!).

Can't wait to give them a try,

Merry Christmas all,

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE