Dick Proenneke - Alone In The Wilderness

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hiya Rich,

Recieved your PM, and may I say you are a King amongst men.

Have replied.

Many thanks
Colin.

jack by the hedge

Tenderfoot
May 29, 2009
Leeds, W.yorks
Having been more than a little unsure about this program before, I have to say I really enjoyed it.

One the one hand you have all the joy of screaming at the screen ( like with all the horror movies) as you see him do something you wouldn't and then you see what it's like out there on your own with your rations running out.

And he's really scared of bears, which will make it more interesting next week.

The impression i got was that he really didn't come to terms with being that alone before he set off but then again, who does.

jack by the hedge

Tenderfoot
May 29, 2009
Leeds, W.yorks
Having been more than a little unsure about this program before, I have to say I really enjoyed it.

One the one hand you have all the joy of screaming at the screen ( like with all the horror movies) as you see him do something you wouldn't and then you see what it's like out there on your own with your rations running out.

And he's really scared of bears, which will make it more interesting next week.

The impression i got was that he really didn't come to terms with being that alone before he set off but then again, who does.

jack by the hedge

Tenderfoot
May 29, 2009
Leeds, W.yorks
Really sorry......

In my eagerness to reply before a meeting I realized that i didn't read the title correctly.

I am of course talking about the C4 program that was on last night and not the one you're on about which i've never seen.

I shall now take myself to the naughty step.

jbth

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
LOL JBTH

Easy mistake to make, don't have a TV so didn't know the other program was on, have a look here http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=7B4E31FA57AE9B18&search_query=alone+in+the+wilderness+full to see what I was talking about. Wonderful. As I was saying to a good person today, his turn of phrase is excellent. I don't sleep much, usually up by 4 or 5 am as I hate sleeping. One of the lines in the film is something like this: - "... woke up with the sun around four, seemed to be a sin to have eyes closed when so much beauty was going on in the world..." wonderful.

Cheers
GB.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE