Devon Weekend....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
Ooo, can we book the the ops for the next meet? I'm in need of my minor surgery ticket ;)

Sent via tapatalk from my shiny sgs2

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
I've not been to one of these, so maybe I'm wrong, but is there a sort of Devon Meet theme of traumatising the females? I seem to recall an axe injury prior to the hypothermia.

Just wondering :)

Cheers for the concern Ivan, but don't worry, I didn't make it to the plantation over the weekend. Got caught up with extended work commitments (boo hiss) and other more pleasant family commitments and couldn't get away. The youngest bushcraft bairn in Blighty will have to wait 'til the next meet to sample the delights of hypothermia inducing nights in the woods!

Glad everyone was OK in the end!

I've not been to one of these, so maybe I'm wrong, but is there a sort of Devon Meet theme of traumatising the females? I seem to recall an axe injury prior to the hypothermia.

Just wondering :)

Last time, Ivan "nearly" cut his toes of with a felling axe, and I cut my finger open on a small hatchet lol. I don't think bushcrafters should be allowed to play with sharp things :p

VANDEEN

Nomad
Sep 1, 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Then just as we were tucking in to our sausage and bacon rolls , the plod turned up !! treated us as if we were terrorists, asked us if we were armed

Hope you offered them round & a brew?
What were they like with your sharps etc? or were they only interested in firearms?

After much radio work and a call to the owner of the wood ( not naming them or the warden etc ) it was decided that we should be evicted forthwith.

That made me chuckle a bit, had they turned up at our Brockwell September meet they would have still been cataloging our "arms" (sharps) at their shift change :rofl:

The site game keeper wandered through our camp on the Sunday morning as there had been an incident between two other groups of people & he wanted to know if we'd been affected too, having got to the end of our pitch he was chatting to us and said that when he noticed how many blokes there were in our group & the assortment of sharps he wasn't in the slightest bit surprised they hadn't bothered us & only stuck to a "soft target".

Haaving rear the rest of the posts, sounds like a fun meet. :)

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Hi Vandeen,
I think it was a worried dogwalker , that had called the Police , the warden was fine just doing his job , in answer to your questions.

It was a little worrying to see two burly coppers making a beeline for us , and to be honest they approached with a little caution , i suppose when you have packs , tarps , bedding etc all laid out and you are dressed in a bushcraft fashion ! it does look a bit wierd to those that don't get it , they were a bit aggressive at first , separated us , a bit good cop bad cop ! and whilst waiting for radio confirmation that we weren't wanted criminals , they asked if we were armed , we said no , any air rifles , cattys etc ? no , then asked what the mora was for , i explained , then he kicked a black bin liner ( for rubbish removal ) and said whats in there ? i said my pillow !
Then the one who was about 15 said, thats not very Ray Mears , i then said they were both welcome to a roll , and to stay the night to see what it was all about , they both declined , by this time the mood had lightened , at this point they wished us well and retreated to the relative warmth of the squad car .

In all seriousness, i know they have a job to do , and we could have been anybody , it was just a little strange to start off with .
Its funny how the week before they hadn't fancied walking a lot deeper in the wood , At 2.00am , after a report of 2 wierdos camping ! Instead they phoned Adams family ( via car reg details ) to confirm who we were and what we were up to . pair of wusses .

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Oi Bushwhacker ! Godfrey ! dont see the resemblance at all , just remember although he appeared mild mannered, he once tried to strangle his own son ! flashbacks of his traumatic time at the Somme .
Everyone around him , knew you couldn't wake him up quickly as he could jump into soldier /attack mode , so just watch out .

I am not sure which is the worst character i have been likened to, feel free to add to the list , one that makes me laugh most , coupled with Katies idea of the funniest , wins a small prize.

Dead or alive !

Leslie Nielson
David Icke

Leslie Nielson
David Icke
Geoffrey from Rainbow (BW)
Third from the left! http://www.allmoviephoto.com/photo/2...ook_2_011.html
Cat Weazle springs to mind lol
Hoggle from the labyrinth
hoggle.jpg

labyrinth.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE