Devon Weekend....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ichneumon

Nomad
Jul 4, 2011
Lancashire (previously Dartmoor)
Only two parts of my anatomy froze! They were just a bit too close (and important to me) for comfort! :aargh4:

Yes, I saw that too. My question is: Why is Dave taking a picture of Lucy's bottom from that angle? He was s'ppose to be kissing her under the mistletoe! :)

Last edited:

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Oh while i remember , sincere apologies to Dean , who was intending joining us for a brew and a wander , unfortunately we didn't have a contact number for you ( i think i pm'd you mine ? ) and those with fancy phones could not access the tintertweb to let you know what was going on .

Hopefully the inclement weather mean't that you did not have a wasted journey , as you can see it was an interesting w/e , and hopefully you will be able to make Dartmoor 5 , early in the new year .

Atb Ivan... and the gang .

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Oi ! Bushwhacker , i thought oxymoron was a teenage acne formula , and for the record you have not gone out with a stable girl in your life.

Not to worry pal 2012 will have plenty of dates for doing what we do best , and hope i am cordially invited to your famous cider festival again '

LRforestschool

Forager
Jun 27, 2011
West Devon
Only two parts of my anatomy froze! They were just a bit too close (and important to me) for comfort! :aargh4:

Yes, I saw that too. My question is: Why is Dave taking a picture of Lucy's bottom from that angle? He was s'ppose to be kissing her under the mistletoe! :)

Well I for one was in the moment, even if Dave was just busy with his camera!

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Oi ! Bushwhacker , i thought oxymoron was a teenage acne formula , and for the record you have not gone out with a stable girl in your life.

Not to worry pal 2012 will have plenty of dates for doing what we do best , and hope i am cordially invited to your famous cider festival again '

Absolutely on all counts. If I'm on the ball we can have more numbers when I get the yard properly turfed or failing that we'll corden off part of the scramble track for tenting.

LRforestschool

Forager
Jun 27, 2011
West Devon
Been having a good look at those super photos and realise from all the big smiles on my face just how much I value these meets and the super company, and what fantastic fun they are. Okay so I might have the odd life-risking experience and become semi-conscious - but gosh that is a small price to pay in return for the opportunity to sit in the rain with you guys and listen to some dubious jokes.

Roll on next year and more meets and next time I will remember not to come in just the evening dress and high heels with matching clutch bag - sensed it might not be quite enough for December, but a girl has to look her best!

I too am looking forward to Dave's photos (I think). Feel free Dave to show the ambulance ones - what little pride I still had was lost that night so nothing else to lose now!

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
ok, i see whats gone on here.. though a person of the female persuasion, with hypothermia, in the woods, with a load of random males.... and you all defaulted to the emergency services?

why not the the highly effective, very tried and tested field first aid of stripping down to your nuddies and two-upping into a sleeping bag?

not one of the dodgy snugpak types though

thats the trouble with Mears and Co bushcrafters... all wooden spoons and mobile phones....... the Teddy Grylls survivalists do it old school......

ahem ;)

in all seriousness, glad all worked out well :)

LRforestschool

Forager
Jun 27, 2011
West Devon
ok, i see whats gone on here.. though a person of the female persuasion, with hypothermia, in the woods, with a load of random males.... and you all defaulted to the emergency services?

why not the the highly effective, very tried and tested field first aid of stripping down to your nuddies and two-upping into a sleeping bag?

not one of the dodgy snugpak types though

thats the trouble with Mears and Co bushcrafters... all wooden spoons and mobile phones....... the Teddy Grylls survivalists do it old school......

ahem ;)

in all seriousness, glad all worked out well :)

And if it had been another bloke with hypothermia - do the old school guys still strip off and cuddle up?

I have to say that I remember nothing - so I'm just going on what they told me they tried!! lol

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Fantastic weekend with a happy ending....! Shame it was just the 24 hours for us but holidays reset Jan 1'st :)

2u8glzl.jpg

r7r782.jpg

6zo9k5.jpg

apb9dx.jpg

flzx5g.jpg

1252o42.jpg

s0ylop.jpg

wl6h6u.jpg

29bk8s6.jpg

2man7.jpg

n5kayt.jpg

ekkg1.jpg

Merry Christmas... al :)

Last edited:

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
And if it had been another bloke with hypothermia - do the old school guys still strip off and cuddle up?

I have to say that I remember nothing - so I'm just going on what they told me they tried!! lol

alls fair in love war and bunker digging survivalism! and if it all fails, at least you have lunch for a good few days

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
hi all by now everyone and there mother knows about the dartmoor meet so the pickies here we go
turkey veg and gravy yum yum
a3f68y.jpg

group shot
21jokf9.jpg

our lucy before she took a turn for the worse
9602yv.jpg

this was a lento that andy bruce built at the last meet still up it shows some of his skills at shelter building
16ae7w8.jpg

the usual suspects
24yajbs.jpg

fire
9k4g90.jpg

lucy is in there somewhere
ao6d6u.jpg

nice ambulance
igw1hi.jpg

lucy being attended to earlier i saw one of those nice men stick something in her ear draw your own conclusions
344b7ur.jpg

achat around the fire
akg0tw.jpg

thats all the photos for now
as usual ivan made us welcome and dispute the weather had a great time
hats of to al the big labowski aka buckeroo now known as doctor bob, and all that helped our lucy, and rick for a fantastic fire when we all got back to be honest if lucy hadn't lasted the night we were going to bury her in the hangi and say nowt lol just joking lucy
looking forward to the next meet in 2012 regards to you all dave

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
this talk of nights in the woods, in the cold, with men cuddled up to stay alive, has had me daydreaming of a weeks course i did in jan 2010...... had rain, gales, snow, ice and minus seven temps. all in a leanto shelter (though as you will see, the weather took its toll by the end of the week and we had to patch up with tarps over the top)

unrelated to this thread other than that, the photo album if you are interested.... http://s836.photobucket.com/albums/zz286/survivalschool_2010/

Arry

Dec 11, 2011
Eastleigh Hants
hi all nice shots al,arry,and john that camera is a little cracker arry regards dave:lmao:

Totally agree - there's some very good shots, of some very nice people and of a very memorable weekend. Looking forward to the next one that I can get to!

The 'cracking little camera' (which ain't so little) is an Olympus SP-800UZ - if anyone's interested

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE