Deval Mini !!!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

knifefan

Nov 11, 2008
Lincolnshire
Hey guys,
Just thought I'd share my latest two knives from Mester Stu Mitchell!!! I won't go on, but after seeing JonD's deval at the northwood meetup last year I really wanted one!! Finally had one from stu with dessert ironwood scales. On night after "fondling" my new deval, I came up with the idea of a "mini deval" to a necker partner to the full size version!! That vision is now a reality and after getting back from Mr Mitchells workshop here are some piccy's :D

The mini is made from the same steel as the larger version (RWL34) and is from 4mm stock. OAL 7 1/2", Blade 3 1/2" and Handle 3 7/8" - The model #421 Utility was another temptation put my way by Stu - and it along with the other two are clad in Dessert Ironwood with matching black and red liners, all are tapered tang.

Hope you like the pics!!! :D

006.jpg

005.jpg

004-3.jpg

4211.jpg

MiniDeval1.jpg

Both the #421 Utility and the Mini have neck sheaths :D

MiniDeval5.jpg

In the hand shots as requested :D
002-9.jpg

003-5.jpg

001-10.jpg

As usual my photos are not brill, but try hard :D

Last edited:

knifefan

Nov 11, 2008
Lincolnshire
OK Emma !! I'll do some pic's 2 morra, Stu's left the scales quite chunky at my request - can really get a good grip on it :D

billybob0987

Tenderfoot
Jul 19, 2011
Eastbourne
thats awesome, i'm really loving the look of the deval design, and matching sets are always cool, unless its kitchen stuff and it means buying a couple of 5 pound cups ends up costing nearly a hundred pound, cause they dont match the tea pot she never uses

You have three real beauties there mate. Well, two real beauties and that other one ;)

i saw a design pic on your website of a deval folder, did you ever have this made, or have any plans to have it made, cause that thing looked good, if not have you ever thought of taking the blade of off another folder and making a deval replacement blade

Ben98

Forager
Jun 30, 2010
West Yorkshire
How about a Deval friction folder as well. Or an XL machete version? Oh the possibility's. Also lovely work there I love the wood.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
i saw a design pic on your website of a deval folder, did you ever have this made, or have any plans to have it made, cause that thing looked good, if not have you ever thought of taking the blade of off another folder and making a deval replacement blade

I knocked that one on the head as there are Spydercos out there that are pretty much the same. Plus, I thought it was a redundant project as the legalities of carrying a locking blade are the same for a fixed blade, so I have no need to carry a locker when I can take my fixed. Stu is starting to make folders pretty soon though, so no doubt I will get one made just because.

The Spydie Manix ticks all the boxes for me:

4724.jpg

How about a Deval friction folder as well. Or an XL machete version? Oh the possibility's. Also lovely work there I love the wood.

Machete is in the works.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE