Dave Canterbury leather pouch

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Hi
Going back just after xmas a neighbor had put out there old leather 3 piece to be picked up by the council. I asked was it alright to skin the back of it , no prob's with that .

So with the skinned leather and some off cuts of veg tanned leather and watching this vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBs1IsbqGNM

This is what i throw together

rksd.jpg

71r6.jpg

6ejh.jpg

szb6.jpg

Thank you for looking
All comments welcome

Cheers
Topknot

Monikieman

Jun 17, 2013
Monikie, Angus
That's really very good (considering that I missed it the first time I watched as I had a sup of tea!)

Nice effect with the veg tanned end grain showing on the front.

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Thanks guy's for the comments.

It was one of these things, i was watching Dave's youtube channel and the leather pouch come up then the penny dropped. I can use the skinned leather for a pouch.
As to the making of the pouch , i used the size of Dave's hands against my hands for the size and just started to make it up as i went along with it.
With the pouch made up i did not like the front so i added the extra bit for the lacing to go through, then i added the belt loop (this should have been added before stitching up the pouch) with the soft leather i added a reinforcing bits inside the pouch to hold the belt loop in place. The top bit of the belt loop i stitched in place and i have to use rivets on the bottom.
I have not sealed the veg tanned leather bits this will just age in time.

Cheers
Topknot

Black Sheep

Native
Jun 28, 2007
North Yorkshire
photobucket.com
Nice I like it :)

Looks good with the piped edge to give some contrast.

I followed a council truck on my way home the other night and he had a leather sofa on board - I was itching to jump out every time we stopped to ask if I could skin it :eek: sadly he turned off before I did.

Richard

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Nice I like it :)

Looks good with the piped edge to give some contrast.

I followed a council truck on my way home the other night and he had a leather sofa on board - I was itching to jump out every time we stopped to ask if I could skin it :eek: sadly he turned off before I did.

Richard

Better luck next time Rich.

And to the others thank you.

Cheers
Topknot

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE