Dartmoor 5 ! The Wrap Up Warm Tour !

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Well , Mandimoo , a girl of your talents can prepare a gurt big pot of stoo , in the woods , I will get all of the ingredients on Friday so when youm reddy you can cast your loving hands all over it .

Darren, i know there wont be much room in your pack , due to emergency sharp carriage , but if there is a tiny space a small bottle of something , would be nice ( purely for medicinal purposes you understand ) .

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Yup... I'm looking after the Little Lebowski next weekend. January's a bit 'iffy' for bringing a 4 year old, but when the weather warms up, all good to go!
In process of getting the kit organised for spring, as we speak.

She would have a fab time with Katie no doubt :) Have fun guy's 'n' gals!

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Uh Oh !! The rumours are true , has anybody got a chef's hat size 6 7/8ths and some whites , as we now have to convince Paul he was favourite for the job all along .

As you arrive at camp , please approach him with care ( you know what chef's can be like ) And i want phrases like , i have read all of your books , your recipes are magical and can i have your autograph etc .

On a serious note , sorry you can't make this one Al , its not just your culinary skills that will be missed , you are an asset to our meets ( lets hope nothing goes wrong ! ) Nah not really , we will have a toast in your honour sir , if we remember , coz if Newmans grub is any good we might forget !

Actually its about time I picked on someone else , who do you suggest ?

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
Seems my dual bander needs reprogramming :( ah well :) something to do.... What pmr channel(s) we allocating ourselves? Ch1 is usually the kids one, ch8 is regarded as general calling channel. Can I suggest ch3 for calling and ch5 then ch7 as fallbacks if 3 is busy with other peeps. No ctcss or dcs though in case of any variations between makes, plus its a pita to program into my handie. It'll hit all the local repeaters on 2metres and 70cm and maybe some on the other side of the channel if we venture high enough assuming anyone owns a license to do so....

This post, other than the channel allocations, is purely to reinforce Ivans confused perceptions of my knowledge base ;)

Sent via tapatalk from my shiny sgs2

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
My pmr pair are 8km too, though in the real world that translates to 4km tops. My 2watt handie will do 40k on a good day from high ground. Or several hundred with a touch of sporadic E

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
See I was right ! What the hell are you two talking about ? Why can't life be simple ? At least I wont have to be involved in any of that nonsense , i will just ensure the kettle is on , and if you pair need me to operate your thingys , speak very slowly and tell me which buttons to press and when .

LRforestschool

Forager
Jun 27, 2011
West Devon
So the question is - what do you guys want me to contribute, food-wise? Can help Mandimoo with a stew ( as we are the ace potato peelers), or take another shift.

Wild Thing

Native
Jan 2, 2009
Torquay, Devon
I will bring a load of bread rolls to dip in the stew if you like.

Also what frequency will the 2 ways be on, as I have some as well. That way I can give everyone a shout when I am on the way in.

Phill

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
If you have non license pmr446 the primary calling channel is 3, if that is occupied with non "wrap up warm " users, then next up is ch5 then ch7. If you are on a 70cm UHF set, then ch3 is 446.03125mhz, ch5 is 446.05625mhz and ch7 is 446.08125mhz. Off top of head, believe the nearest ham repeater is at Torquay if you're licensed, I'm not so can only listen in.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE