Dartmoor 2 The Revenge ...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Savagewolfrm

Nomad
Oct 29, 2008
North Devon
I have to say as this is going to be my first meet I am so loking forward to meeting you all and hopefully making some great friends etc. love the idea of the walk and history lesson.
Rick

Feb 6, 2011
none
Hi Joel , welcome aboard , nearest train station to us is Newton Abbot , about 17 miles away , but if you are coming on the Thurs or Fri , if its early enough in the day i would come down and pick you up , hows that for service ? Ivan ..

Last edited:
Here is a rough route for the short walk Ivan is kindly taking us on, well the ones who want to of course. I'm sure he won't drag you up there, kicking and screaming, if you don't want to go LOL.

As I said, it's rough at the moment. Accuracy isn't up to HM standards at the minute, but it gives you a rough idea of things/locations/terrain

Ivansmoortour.png

Hope it offers some assistance.

1 = Pupers Hill
2 = Huntingdon Warren
3 = Kebles Martin Chapel
4 = Avon Dam

Feb 6, 2011
none
Well the last meet was my first and i did not quite know what to expect , new to bushcrafting too ! but , you will surely make new friends , they are a great bunch of people , sharing knowledge and skills is magic , and you can be as involved as you like , dont honestly know if we will laugh quite as much , but i am sure it will be fun . One of the most refreshing things is, regardless of background/kit/knowledge/skills etc , someone is always prepared to show you how its done . And its testament to the aforementioned things that another meet has been organised so quickly , and so many of the folks that came on the first one put their names down a bit sharpish!! I will have a cap on numbers , dont want it to be too big , so if you are pondering , put your name down , we dont bite ! i didnt even hear anybody growl !! best wishes Ivan ...

Well the last meet was my first and i did not quite know what to expect , new to bushcrafting too ! but , you will surely make new friends , they are a great bunch of people , sharing knowledge and skills is magic , and you can be as involved as you like , dont honestly know if we will laugh quite as much , but i am sure it will be fun . One of the most refreshing things is, regardless of background/kit/knowledge/skills etc , someone is always prepared to show you how its done . And its testament to the aforementioned things that another meet has been organised so quickly , and so many of the folks that came on the first one put their names down a bit sharpish!! I will have a cap on numbers , dont want it to be too big , so if you are pondering , put your name down , we dont bite ! i didnt even hear anybody growl !! best wishes Ivan ...

Also regardless of those things, there will always be newbies there (and me ;)) so you don't have to feel like you're the only one among bush gods and experts, so don't be shy.

zeBarOOn

Forager
Mar 22, 2010
Southampton
www.shroos.com
Wow cheers Ivan! Very kind offer. I'll let you know later on as with it being so far I'll just see if the wife is using the car.
If I do end up catching the train, I'll sort you out some fuel money and a tipple of choice!

Badger90

Forager
Mar 17, 2011
Devon
Wow cheers Ivan! Very kind offer. I'll let you know later on as with it being so far I'll just see if the wife is using the car.
If I do end up catching the train, I'll sort you out some fuel money and a tipple of choice!

Also i travel Newton Abbott on the way, so if Ivans busy i can pick you up, be warned its a bumpy ride in a Landy ;)

Halfa Brain

Apr 15, 2011
devon
hello everybody, i am Ivans sister , and him and Badger have been working at my place today, and useless Ivan is pretending to be me , i am also coming to the meet as my silly brother has convinced me it is fun and i might learn something !

Halfa Brain

Apr 15, 2011
devon
Thanks Adam , she really does exist , ask Badger and she is really coming to the meet , i am staying at her house tonight as Badger and i have some more of that work stuff to do, then camping hooray ! sorry if it seems a bit wierd but i cant log in as mick sturbs , so i am a girl tonight !

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
Ivan, you do know i am a psych nurse by trade.. i can help you with your gender identity disorder and then you don't need to lead a double life anymore .............

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
I'll be joining Dave53 if iI may :)

Regards, al.

Updated, Cheers and enjoy the camping! :)

1. Badger & Fox
2. Nova & Pinky
3. Dave53
4. Zarkwon
5. savagewolf (Rick)
6. Jon(ajuna) and poss the family Robinson
7. Bushwhacker
8. Crazysaint222 aka savagebushcraft
9. Bazzworx & Yvette
10. Freddyfish + SWMBO (glamping in the cabin)
11. Kard133
12.TeeDee
13. Zebaroon (Joel)
14. The Big Lebowski (Alan)

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2011
none
Hi Al , of course mate come on down , just popped back for a few bits as camping all weekend ! what a day ! going back up for some more , put your name on the list , look forward to meeting you .

atb Ivan...

Feb 6, 2011
none
Adam , yes mate , got a few staying as i told you so we may have to go to the dark side of the woods !but we will be ok as we are hardened bushcrafters ( so i have made up a bed in the spare room ) no one can see this right ?

Feb 6, 2011
none
Yeah ! thanks mate gunna have to stop this gender psych ! thing ,any idea what time you plan to arrive ? i gotta go sun is shining and all , the site beckons , see you weds pal ..

ps will read this tomorrow .

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE