Dark Night in the woods. Pic Heavy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woodcutter

Feb 6, 2006
Kent
Out again with my son, different camp spot this time, next to a huge fallen tree. Couple of new knives with us, response pack contents, and a bench/seat, another great night out. Hope you like the pics.

Tarp up this time, wasn't sure of the weather, windy too so helped keep the breeze off, also set to favour the fire. End of huge tree on the left.
IMG_3443.jpg
[/IMG]

One huge fallen tree, stump made a great bench, worktop, clutter spot.
IMG_3522.jpg
[/IMG]

A couple of people asked about my response pack contents, so here goes.
IMG_3447.jpg
[/IMG]

End pockets. waterproof containers, one is first aid kit and one is fire starting bits and pieces. Labels by the kids year ago. Fold up cup, rubber gloves, tissues.
IMG_3452.jpg
[/IMG]

Fire Kit. Char Cloth, birch bark, matches, inner tube.
IMG_3451.jpg
[/IMG]

Front pocket, Knife, foil blanket, lighter, SAK with keyring with char cloth, mini fire steel, can opener and whistle. Pencil, lightstick, batteries for headtorches, Rennie, small bottle of meths for when I carry a mini trangia, notebook/diary, matches, steri tabs.
IMG_3456.jpg
[/IMG]

Main compartment.
IMG_3457.jpg
[/IMG]

Headtorch, axe stone, leather strop, cataput elastic, crook knife, whittling knife, milbank bag, compass, Food for free book, DC4 stone, Monocular, paracord, another foil blanket.
IMG_3460.jpg
[/IMG]

On the back is also a poncho, big enough to use as a shelter and map.
IMG_3454.jpg
[/IMG]

Sharps,
IMG_3463.jpg
[/IMG]
Left to right, Frosts Clipper (backup sits in bottom of bergan), Shing Baby Bushy (Sons), bancho laplander saw, SWC Ray Mears Bushcraft Knife (New), Spyderco Bushcrafter (New), and a SFA. First run out for the SWC and Spydy, they are both great knives, do everything you ask of them.
IMG_3465.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_3467.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_3468.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_3469.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_3470.jpg
[/IMG]

A bit of Birch Bark prep for fire lighting practice!
IMG_3529.jpg
[/IMG]

Some campfire reading.
books.jpg
[/IMG]

He insisted he wanted to make a bench, good job!
IMG_3531.jpg
[/IMG]

In use eating his dinner.
IMG_3538.jpg
[/IMG]

Dinner, jackets, cheese and hotdogs.
IMG_3536.jpg
[/IMG]

By the fire. No moon last night so really dark away from the fire.
IMG_3546.jpg
[/IMG]

Thats it, hope you liked them.

Ronnie

Settler
Oct 7, 2010
Highland
Nice one - how old was your boy when you first took him our for a night in the woods? My wee Nancy is almost 5 and I'm sure she'd love it. Have to wait til next spring though.

Woodcutter

Feb 6, 2006
Kent
Nice one - how old was your boy when you first took him our for a night in the woods? My wee Nancy is almost 5 and I'm sure she'd love it. Have to wait til next spring though.

My son and daughter have been going out with me since they were about 7. They are 11 and 12. Take her, she will love it. Important thing I learnt when first started taking them out was to make sure they are comfortable, warm and dry etc so as not to put them off. They don't mind roughing it a little now as they are a bit older. Good luck.

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
love this,..

looks like a well organised camp,...

i love getting my camp in order,...to the annoyance of fellow campers,

this is my kind of set up.

Woodcutter

Feb 6, 2006
Kent

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE