Daniel Boone challenge

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
Just bought a bedroll and some other bits ready for my challenge.

Idea is to do it at the Stead Hall Wood meet in November but may try and get a overnight with in in October :)

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich

Been looking at them for a fair few months now.... and been trying to tempt Sam...lol

Just bought a bedroll and some other bits ready for my challenge.

Idea is to do it at the Stead Hall Wood meet in November but may try and get a overnight with in in October :)

:).. you will love it, brings a whole new dimension....

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
If i didn't have a mors pot which is a modernised version I'd buy a mucket in a flash.
However the mors pot is more versatile I reckon.

No boonie excursions for a while. Mrs has broken her wrist.....

Might manage a few boonie wanders but no camping for a while

Oh no , thats not good.... you'll have to make up for it when its better :)

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
An update..

I have been buying some bits and pieces for a new traditional/vintage kit. Just like my other kits its likely to change a lot but here is what I have so far...

Vintage Swedish M39 40ltr pack
Czech Army Bedroll
UCO Brass Candle Lantern
Hudson Bay Tinder box + Flint, Steel, charcloth, rope, armadou, etc.
Cold Steel Trail Hawk
Tatonka 1.6 Kettle, although may swap this for a Mors pot or other type.

Not decided on knives yet, May take usual mora and bushlore but been thinking of getting new knife.

Should be doing the challenge next month or hopefully this one :)

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
Looking good matelook forward to seeing your list grow change, then seeing your challenge :)

I cant wait to get out and do it. I'm really looking forward to the experience of this challenge to see how I fair as I'm a bit of a kit junkie and been spending a fortune on gear since last year, especially trying to put a lightweight kit together. I also like taking loads of little bits and bobs so to go from all this in opposite direction and put a basic traditional kit together is a big change for me. :)

I cant really see me doing traditional kit outings regularly (especially in Winter or when hiking) but I can definatley see a place for it in my hobby :)

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
An update..

I have been buying some bits and pieces for a new traditional/vintage kit. Just like my other kits its likely to change a lot but here is what I have so far...

Vintage Swedish M39 40ltr pack
Czech Army Bedroll
UCO Brass Candle Lantern
Hudson Bay Tinder box + Flint, Steel, charcloth, rope, armadou, etc.
Cold Steel Trail Hawk
Tatonka 1.6 Kettle, although may swap this for a Mors pot or other type.

Not decided on knives yet, May take usual mora and bushlore but been thinking of getting new knife.

Should be doing the challenge next month or hopefully this one :)

Have you thought about something to sleep under. :)

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
I didn't realise but I sort of do this already except I would generally use a sleeping bag intead of the blanket and taxe an axe and a saw but I will try to make adjustments to do it by the book as a proper Boone challenge!

I didn't realise but I sort of do this already except I would generally use a sleeping bag intead of the blanket and taxe an axe and a saw but I will try to make adjustments to do it by the book as a proper Boone challenge!
More the merrier mate.saw seems more practical

You would be surprised how many say that... and how many can do the Challenge with the kit they already have :)

But Being Boonie does make you think a bit.. :)
Nowt wrong with using ya brain

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE