DANGER No12 STOVE

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
Is their a rule of thumb regarding which fuels are safe in which stoves and a way you can tell from the burner?
In terms of the stoves I've personally used - parafin stoves usually have a pressure release screw in the filling cap, or somewhere else on the tank.

With a paraffin stove you'd open that valve to release the pressure from the tank to shut the stove down. Try that with petrol in the tank and you'll be releasing a cloud of petrol vapour... :(

both the white gas/petrol stoves I've got (Svea 123 and optimus hunter) don't have a bleed screw, but do have a pressure release valve in the cap to prevent over-pressure. You wouldn't want to be near it if it operated though, for the reason given above!

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Thats about right BT. He has modded his description now after a second complaint from me, judging by his last reply I doubt I'm on his xmas card list.

I just don't want to see someone getting hurt.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE