Cuckoo survey

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
It's still a bit early for them at the moment, but it's soon getting near that time.

I was wondering if all of you could add to this thread giving a date and location when they hear the first Cuckoo.

Cheers.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Confession time

When I was about 10 years old, I shot and killed a cuckoo with a black widow catapult. I`ve never been able to forgive myself for it :sigh:

harryhawk

Forager
Feb 6, 2009
Devon
I always look out for the summer visitors. Sightings for the last couple of years.
2008 April 10th
2007 April 12th
2006 April 1st
On the pond at work last year, middle of march, 1st hatch of moorhens. Will keep a close eye over the next couple of days.

Scots_Charles_River

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
Two weeks ago on the Menteith hill track to Loch Venachar, we were MTBing. It was somewhere near the boundary fault. Last year, same time, we heard more than one just after Victoria Bridge, WHW, again we were MTBing.

Nick

D

Deleted dude 7861

2 weeks ago for me in Gloucestershire too but a lot earlier last year. Swallows arrived back here 3 weeks along with my resident Greylags :) Just hope the crows leave their chicks alone, I know it's nature but it's heart breaking........

B

bushyboo

Just noticed this thread
3 weeks ago loch avich and 2 weeks ago isle of rum

Gordon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE