Cuben Vs SilNylon bivi base

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
I had mine out in the house to make sure my mat fitted in it and I climbed in and instantly felt it warning up- think it will make a food deal of difference. Just need to paint on silicone strips inside ad it's slippy as hell- I'll do that when I seam seal the Trailstar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
Nice!!!!

Look forward to seeing mate!!

When is your first chance to use it?

Be also interested to no if it adds much warmth!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was hoping to get out in it tomorrow with trailstar but don't think I can make it now but going to get out as soon as poss.

I can't really see them adding much warmth, 1-2 degree maybe but I personally didn't get it for that. I got mine simply for protecting bag etc from dampness as well as bug protection when in bed.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
They block a bit of wind but I don't think they add much in the way of warmth, not my MLD Superlight anyway. Nice to have if it's blowing under the edge of the Trailstar, the main reason I use one is to keep any splashes off the sleeping bag, if there's condensation on the inside of the TS and the wind picks up that's when you get the odd drip. But for some extra bug protection and and a way of keeping the sleep system together I'm happy to carry the extra 220g

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
I was hoping to get out in it tomorrow with trailstar but don't think I can make it now but going to get out as soon as poss.

I can't really see them adding much warmth, 1-2 degree maybe but I personally didn't get it for that. I got mine simply for protecting bag etc from dampness as well as bug protection when in bed.

Absolutely, that is the reason I got it, last time I used my tarp tent up quite high in wales, when the clouds came in couple with rain there was a lot of condensation that dripped on to my down bag, so that's why I want a borah gear bivi too I was just thinking if anything if I would be too hot in the summer more than the extra warmth in winter?

Iv priced mine up so I have a bit extra width, I am a side sleeper, plus I wanted my mat inside the bivi and room for my winter quilt to loft up, john seems a really nice guy, he hasn't charged me for the extra material.

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
They block a bit of wind but I don't think they add much in the way of warmth, not my MLD Superlight anyway. Nice to have if it's blowing under the edge of the Trailstar, the main reason I use one is to keep any splashes off the sleeping bag, if there's condensation on the inside of the TS and the wind picks up that's when you get the odd drip. But for some extra bug protection and and a way of keeping the sleep system together I'm happy to carry the extra 220g

Do you find that bivi very breathable Rich?

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
Absolutely, that is the reason I got it, last time I used my tarp tent up quite high in wales, when the clouds came in couple with rain there was a lot of condensation that dripped on to my down bag, so that's why I want a borah gear bivi too I was just thinking if anything if I would be too hot in the summer more than the extra warmth in winter?

Iv priced mine up so I have a bit extra width, I am a side sleeper, plus I wanted my mat inside the bivi and room for my winter quilt to loft up, john seems a really nice guy, he hasn't charged me for the extra material.

Same here bud. I got the wide because of been side sleeper plus will be using a Neoair. I also asked for reduced netting so have a strip of net going across face area instead of full head. I cant of wish I had full head netting on it but I think I'm going to be sleeping with head near TS door so just as a precaution decided to go for reduced.

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Same here bud. I got the wide because of been side sleeper plus will be using a Neoair. I also asked for reduced netting so have a strip of net going across face area instead of full head. I cant of wish I had full head netting on it but I think I'm going to be sleeping with head near TS door so just as a precaution decided to go for reduced.

Exactly same as me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE