crook knife sheaths...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mikethescout

Tenderfoot
Aug 13, 2009
swindon
Hey guys, Im looking for some ideas on what to make for a sheath for my crook knife.
Any idea's/pictures you have would be much appreciated

Mike

Hey guys, Im looking for some ideas on what to make for a sheath for my crook knife.
Any idea's/pictures you have would be much appreciated

Mike
if its a spoon knife some will fit a 35mm film case

this ia sa neck carry version but youcan just use the case on its own if it fits
impcover2.jpg

impcover1.jpg

or a posh leather version id fairly easy to make

SpoonKsheath.jpg

ATB

Duncan

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
Ive met someone who made their crook knife sheath out of rawhide,y'know,from a dog chew..Worked really well and was held in place by a bit of cord.It was moulded when wet and held its shape because it went hard when it dried off.

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
Ive met someone who made their crook knife sheath out of rawhide

That maybe me? Hi Launditch1 :) I hope you're well, mate.

Here is a couple of pics of one of my crooked knives and the rawhide sheath I made for it.

DSCN0431.jpg

DSCN0438.jpg

I had made a leather sheath for it but kept pocking the tip of the blade through the leather. The rawhide is easy to work when wet, much tougher than leather and keeps its shape once dry. I coated the sheath inside and out with some acrylic type Ronseal varnish and that has worked really well. The only thing I'd change, if (when) I make another one, would be to use leather for the belt loop.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE