Critters and colours on the Dempster....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jimmy the Jet

May 21, 2007
Northern Canada
Traveled down the Dempster Highway a while back. Some of these have been posted on other forums that some of you have probably seen, so bear with me...

We drove a camper down from Inuvik to Eagel Plains, about 350 kms. We've traveled the Dempster quite a few time when we lived in Inuvik, but this trip yielded the best wildlife pics. Not bad for a crappy little point & shoot.

1426.jpg

1424.jpg

1414.jpg

1105.jpg

Nice young bear, right at the NWT - Yukon border.

More to follow...

pete79

Forager
Jan 21, 2009
In a swamp
Fantastic pictures. The dempster is the most amazing place in autumn.
Jimmy the jet, where are you based? I'm in Whitehorse.

Jimmy the Jet

May 21, 2007
Northern Canada
I'm in Deline on Great Bear Lake. Those pics were taken when I lived in Inuvik, up until a year ago....

We love whitehorse, and will likely go there either for my next posting (RCMP) or the one after that.., so either 1 or 4 years.... You have such great access to outdoor activities there. Plus TWO Starbucks!! Yellowknife has zero....

pete79

Forager
Jan 21, 2009
In a swamp
You're a mountie? Good for you. I'm also enforcement, so likely see you when you're in Whitehorse. Whitehorse is ace. Be prepared for a busy time, but if you've been in Inuvik, then you'll know the sort of games that go on.

Pete

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I - N - C - R - E - D - I - B - L - E C - O - U - N - T - R - Y ! ! !

Very, Very Jealous.

Its a shame Canada is so hard to emigrate to.

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
jimmy please tell me you have those in 1280 resolution m8? they are STUNNING pictures!
this is precisely why we want to move to canada!

Jimmy the Jet

May 21, 2007
Northern Canada
MF, to be honest I don't even what "1280 resolution m8" means... :)
I think these are full size. I don't recall having to resize them but I'll have a look and see what I have. I know the camera is capable of higher res than the 10240x 768 that most of these are, but don't remember what the old 520 was set at... I'll check my original pics and let you know...
My new camera is much better, but didn't get it 'til after that trip. That's why so many were blurry.

That pic of Midway Lake with the cloud in the mountain was really neat. Nice eerie morning.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Jimmy , I'm not a Camera tech but the last bit 'm8' is ( as far as I know ) nothing to do with Photography , it's text speak m8 = mate ( m - eight = mate ).

Being a mountie i would have have thought your text speak would be spot on so you could get 'down' with the kids??

Other bits and pieces i've learnt from hanging around the back of the bus shelter.

lmao
rofl
omg
dilligaf

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE