Creating Knife Lanyards

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 19, 2010
Hertfordshire, UK
Hi all, i am quite new here and came across the forum when looking for a UK forum. A forum that i have been using for a while is perfect for all Lanyard creation chat accept its american. I do not mean i hate Americans but most of the links or chat about where to buy equipment is all from the US. I was mainly wondering if anyone here makes lanyards or anything with 550 paracord as i would a few people to bounce ideas off?

Rich

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/6059/dscn7480large.jpg

Last edited:

hatethatgiraffe

Forager
Jan 9, 2010
Glasgow
I make them but I'm new here so unsure who else you could contact!

I know there are a fair few "man knitters" in Britishblades, myself included, but as I say I'm unsure how many are on here!
What kinda stuff you been doing?

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
Quite a few folks have made lanyards themselves, using paracord. Hopefully at least one of them will see this thread and offer some advice. Try also searching "lanyards" it should give you are few results..

Good luck, and oh welcome to the forum!

Cheers

bearbait

Take a look at "The Ashley Book of Knots". Over 3,800 knots, many of which will be suitable. There are sections on practical as well as decorative marlinspike seamanship, knob knots, stopper knots, and much else. A lovely illustrated book, especially if you like knots, and with historical snippets. Also a section on occupational knots.

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
There are a number of peopel who fashion knoted work on the forum I'm one of them. If you need to knock a few ideas around shout :cool:

_scorpio_

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 22, 2009
east sussex UK
i do but i just tie them on really... just take the two ends and tie a normal knot in them. this is only really good for my axes and machetes (for when i hang them up i know the risk of using a lanyard with an axe) because of the thickness of the paracord i use.
im sure in this creative community someone does. what is it your looking for, paracord? if so there is a lot on ebay.

crushthesystem

Forager
Nov 18, 2009
Maidstone, Kent
i've tied a few of the cobra stitch bracelets and most recently made a lanyard for my svord peasant so it's easier to fish out of my pocket but that's all. sorry i couldn't be more help.

Jan 19, 2010
Hertfordshire, UK
Hi thanks for all the replies, it seems there are a few people who make these things. first couple of questions, where do you buy beads from in the UK, i have found an ok website called 5 star poaracord and mainly buy my supplies from them but looking for more beads and accessories like the ones in this pic and just normal differnt sizes of split rings.

Also i have seen some square sinnets that have two colours plus a line of GID cord through the middle?

Many thanks,
Rich

I will post a couple of picks of my basic work so far.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE