Course list for 2023

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
I was late putting this year's course dates onto my website so I still have some places left on the group courses this summer. I don't schedule many group courses these days but if you have your own group (4-6 people) then we can run one just for you :) I also run private courses for pairs and individuals in my main workshop at any time by arrangement

Group courses are run using hand tools only (bellows on the Saxon style forges, files and hammers, etc) and held in my woodland workshop in Devon, about 10 miles west of Exeter. While your down for a course, you are welcome to camp in the woods too :)

More details can be found on my website (which is being replaced with a better one very soon btw)

Axe Making 2 days £300. May 13-14th. Forge and heat treat a spring steel blade before fitting and shaping a wooden handle.

Knife Making 2 days £300 . June 10-11th. Forge and heat treat a small axe or adze followed by making and fitting a handle

Sheath Making 1 day £150. September 2nd. Make a wet formed leather sheath for your knife. Reduced price if you bring a knife that you made along side me earlier in the year

Sharpening 1 day £60. September 3rd. Learn to restore the edges and sharpen knives, axes and a range of other cutting tools

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
However, I will be along on the 23/24th May to make an axe or adze (haven’t decided yet but an adze might be handy for bowyery…). So I’ll see you there dear reader :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE