couple of bushcraft tools.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Steel Nutter

Sep 11, 2014
Kent
Hi people been a member here a while but guilty of not coming here much and mostly hanging on knife forums :( Anyway thought I would share a couple of items I've just finished for customers as they are bushcraft type tools. Hatchet is 6mm 01 and the knife is 4mm d2 steel hope you like them.
IMG_20160627_103924_zpsae79cg3c.jpg

IMG_20160627_103455_zpsjgiihgtf.jpg

IMG_20160627_103727_zpswuqet8ca.jpg

Last edited:

robevs73

Maker
Sep 17, 2008
llanelli
I like the knife, clean lines, Sabre grind utility blade, good stuff. Kydex sheath not my cup of tea for that knife but that's just my opinion.

Steel Nutter

Sep 11, 2014
Kent
Thanks guys I try and aim at making tools for hard use.All blades are heat treated in a controlled kiln and quench in parks #50 oil or AAA medium depending on the steel.My d2 is aluminum plate quench then cryo treated.After all this I hadn't had the time to learn leather sheath making lol.
I am in the process of Learning leather making but kydex works well as a tool sheath for now.

Steel Nutter

Sep 11, 2014
Kent
Ha, nice stuff, I am the opposite, leather seemed easy but kydex seems strange and mysterious,
What's the wood on the knife?

Thanks, I got the wood from a trade from mr Stuart Mitchell knives.He gave me a lot of woods and i missed placed the notes as to what is what so I'm unsure lol.If there are any wood experts please let me know :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE