Cook pot advice

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

AuldJum

Forager
Sep 18, 2011
Fife
Been looking for a good billy can but none seem to meet my requirements so maybe somoene here can point me in the direction of one.

What i'm looking for is

800ml-1000ml
Wide and squat
Detachable wire bale
Stainless steel
Lid deep enough to make a shallow bowl
An O-ring in the centre of the lid

Thanks

Jim

garethw

Settler
Have a look at the Tatonka billy cans, they might not meet your spec completly but come pretty close. Tamarack sell them.

Hi there
I was going to suggest the same. I have the 1.6L version, but they do a 1L model. Very good well made stainless billy.. doesn't have a removable bail, but perhaps it could be made to be so. Lid is good as a small pan or bowl, has a detachable wire handle.
No ring on the centre of the lid, but that should be easy to fit....
Mine cost 25 odd Euros...

I combine it with a 12cm Zebra billy.. The Zebra fits inside it and then I carry in a draw string bag... I can fit my MSR stove and canister in the nbag too plus some cutlery... Voilà my cookset sorted!!

Having looked on the net .. there is not a lot of choice of stainless billies with bails... you're basically looking at Zebra or Tatonka ... You'll find others in aluminium.
cheers
Gareth

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE