Comrie Croft Archery weekend

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nonsuch

Life Member
Sep 19, 2008
Scotland, looking at mountains
Following on from my earlier post about a BCUK Archery Club, it seems to me the best way to get started is to get started. Who would be interested in a Comrie Croft Archery weekend ? We could camp Saturday night and Saturday and Sunday could be devoted to some archery - a taster session for beginners, a practice session for experienced archers and then perhaps a little competition on Sunday ? CC have targets and suitable fields (although there are normally sheep in them so they have to clear them), and if there is interest I am sure I could get their OK to the idea.

NS

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Well I'm interested but my bow is down in Dorset + I'm pretty busy over the next couple of months.

when are you thinking of doing this? As I am going home for a week or so after my exams so I can bring the bow back up.

free as of mid june really.

Andy

Last edited:

shogun

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 31, 2009
U.K
i would like too attend this..my lad is keen on it aswell can he attend he is 16...atb allan

gazmc2

Forager
Oct 5, 2008
Grantown-on-Spey
im not even a beginner, never even handled a bow but would be interested dependant on dates etc. missed the last meet at CC so would like to get up there to meet people if nothing else.

Hello,
Just joined the Forum and been kicking myself that I missed the last meet up at Comrie Croft, it sounded like a great weekend. Would be well up for this depending on the dates. Definitely an archery beginner. Would equipment be provided? Happy to cover hire costs.

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
If I do make it - I won't be making any arrow heads for people. - sorry chaps - they are a bugger.

I would also be quite happy to let people use my bow. but it is on the heavier side so might not suit beginners.

Andy

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
If I'm free I will be there and will bring my bows along. Mine are 45lb and right handed (which confusingly means designed to held in the left hand of course) but I will have my son's LH training bow too.

Nonsuch

Life Member
Sep 19, 2008
Scotland, looking at mountains
I am afraid I don't think this idea is a runner until the autumn. I checked today (a Saturday) at Comrie Croft and the camping field was very busy with - how shall I say - normal campers - family tents, lots of small children running around, etc. I just don't think a summer weekend is going to work for us with these folks and their little children mixing it with us and our knives / axes / fires / bows / sharp arrows etc. Also there is now stock in the field behind the archery field.

Let's park this idea until September.

In the meantime if anyone else can offer a venue where we can camp and do some archery, I am very happy to help organise.

NS

Last edited:

Dingus Magee

Loitering within tent
Nov 22, 2008
Darkest Aberdeenshire
I'm interested in this and would definitely come along. If its not happening until the autumn, so much the better...give me a chance to build up an injured shoulder. I'm also fairly busy until after the D of E exped season, but I'll watch this thread and say thanks to Nonsuch for offering to organise such a meet :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE