completley usless shiney thing, I love it

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

hiho

Native
Mar 15, 2007
South Yorkshire
completley crap and I do have them. there on a nail in the shed on thier own holding nowt

PS they actually come in 3 different sizes

NS40

Nomad
Nov 20, 2011
Scotland
I got one of these a couple of years back in a local £1 shop (don't ask me how much it cost, I can't remember...:rolleyes:)

Wasn't sure what I intended to use it for but it looked interested and 'shiny kit fever' took over.

I now use it when fly fishing for attaching my wading staff to my pack. It's fairly solid, doesn't snag stuff like a caribiner does and can be released really easily one handed. The handle of the staff is attached to the curly cord and the staff is held captive and out of the way inside the gate.

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Hmm, im sceptical with anything when the only 2 things written on it are "tuff" and "durable", namely when the company also sells pink kitty face slippers.

Hehe, at work a few years ago we got some computer extension leads from a UK supplier. They were marked with all the approvals, BS, TUV, CE, you name it. They had 13A plugs marked BS1363A.

There were no fuses in the plugs. I mean there were no fuse holders, and nowhere to put any fuse. The brown leads were wired directly to the line pins.

I sent them straight to Trading Standards and we never saw anything from that supplier again. I hope they were closed down.

hedgerow pete

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 10, 2010
smethwick , west midlands
hay its got tuff writen on it , so i belive them, i still have no idea what i would use it for at the time i was looking at kabs and chock nuts and friends, none of which this is, but its shiney, i must have shiney

treefrog

Aug 4, 2008
South Yorkshire
Looks like a cheap copy of a Kong Frog used by climbers to attach to anchor bolts. Mainly used abroad on bolted climbing routes.
frog patent.jpg

http://www.kong.it/I_frog.htm

nigelbam

Apr 16, 2012
United Kingdom
I think it's about time Bear Grylls manned up and used these next time he climbs some mountain in the middle of nowhere, I can hear him now:

"The ancient indians used £1 clips like these to climb sheer rock faces all the time ..."

Nige

andyxedos

Nomad
Jul 2, 2011
newport
mines still holding my work keys stong since before chrimbo :) ....... now im thinking of a Numyth Vulcan Fire Piston next ......just looks amazing shiny!!....any other suggestions???

Perrari

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 21, 2012
Eryri (Snowdonia)
www.erknives.com
I bought a couple of these off ebay about 3 years ago, then they were sold as key rings. I hate a bunch of keys hanging from the car ignition clunking & rattling, so I just had the ignition key on its own held in place by the 2 triggers, and the rest of the keys on the rings. Then once in the car I could detach the ignition key from the rest quickly.
They are definately not load bearing !

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE